Vengeance

~ Monday ~

Reluctantly entering through the doors of my high school, I took a timid step forward and walked down the hallway, constantly cautious of my surroundings. 

Glancing at every single person who entered my vision, I restlessly searched for Taehyung with utter angst and jitters roaming inside of my heart.

I've called him multiple times, sent him countless texts, and I even visited his house after that incident that happened between the two of us, but I didn't receive any response from him for the past two days.

He was my source of comfort in times of trouble, assuring arms to jump into, and provider of bliss and laughter when I needed it.

He's my best friend.

I know, I was the one who recklessly broke our precious friendship, and I'm the purpose of his heartache.

But I'm willing to spend an eternity apologizing to him, begging for forgiveness, and perpetually repenting on my actions if it meant restoring the relationship we once had.

I want to see him.

I miss him.

I need him.

Too distracted by my distraught mind, I didn't even notice someone approach me from behind.

Suddenly receiving a quick peck on my right cheek, I let out a gasp of aghast and instantly snapped out of my chaotic thoughts.

Raising my head, my expression softened at the sight of Jungkook ardently grinning at me with his hands behind his back.

"Morning." He greeted.

"H-Hey..." I distressfully sighed in response.

"Are you still worried about Taehyung?" He questioned as he cocked his head, presuming from my low-spirited attitude.

"Don't stress yourself out so much Seoyeon. Trust me, the longest that idiot can stay mad at someone is a week." He assured, making it sound like this whole conflict between us isn't much of a big deal at all.

"Isn't he like your best friend? Aren't you concerned about him too?" I asked him, bemused by his carefree reaction.

"We've fought over a million times already. I'm kind of used to this." Jungkook carelessly shrugged his shoulders, already accustomed by his best friend's bipolar behavior.

Sighing in slight relief, I agitatedly ran my fingers through my hair.

"Urgh, I hope he's okay."

~ P. E Class ~

Diligently stretching my arms in preparation to play a basketball game, I was suddenly approached by Hyeona, who had a basketball secured in her arms.

"So, I heard you're dating Jungkookie?" She questioned, stopping her footsteps right in front of me.

"Why do you care? Aren't you satisfied with your beloved boyfriend, Jimin?" I asked, wondering why she was even concerned of my relationship.