Come Back

~ 3 Days Later ~

Deliberately skipping schools for a few days due to my miserable depression, I was kind of forced to attend by my mother after being caught of my act of faking a sickness.

Unenthusiastically coming upon the entrance door of my classroom, I mentally prepared myself to face Jungkook and took a deep, nervous breath, hesitantly entering the room.

Taking reluctant steps closer toward my desk, an extremely relieved sigh escaped from my mouth at the sight of Jungkook's empty seat.

Okay, I'm safe.

Well, for now at least.

Casually situating myself down, I exhaustedly buried my head into my arms to take a little nap before class started.

But suddenly hearing Jungkook's name being mentioned in a conversation between two of my classmates not so far away from me, I couldn't help but eavesdrop.

"Wow, I haven't seen Jungkook for three days already." One of them worriedly said.

"Oh, you didn't hear?" His friend questioned.

"Hear what?" The guy curiously asked in response.

"Jungkook moved to America."

"WHAT?!" I immediately shouted as I raised my head in extreme astonishment, hearing such an unbelievable news.

Vigorously jumping out of my seat, I rushed to the boys who were conversing with another to clarify.

"H-He moved to America?!" I anxiously asked, earnestly wishing this was all a simple joke.

"Y-Yeah, he doesn't go to this school anymore." The guy timidly responded, looking at me as if I was some sort of lunatic.

Without hesitation, I frantically ran out of the classroom.

I need to find Yerim.

Breathlessly turning my head from left to right as I sprinted down the hallway, I desperately searched for her.

After seeking for what felt like eternity, I finally spotted her familiar, chestnut brown hair near the girls' restroom.

Hurriedly rushing to her side, I forcefully turned her around and pinned her against the hard, concrete wall.

"Please, tell me!" I hysterically shouted in demand.

"W-What?" Yerim fearfully questioned in absolute confusion, a panicked look visible on her face.

"Why did Jungkook move to America all of a sudden?!" I sorely questioned.

At the sound of his name, her expression completely broke as she remained utterly silent.

"Yerim!!!" I earnestly shouted, slightly shaking her a bit with my hands firmly grasping onto her shoulders.

Though she was obviously hesitant, she grievously bit her lower lip and opened her mouth to speak.

"You're the reason why Seoyeon!" She admitted.

"... What?" I reluctantly questioned, feebly loosening my grip on her.

"His parents found out he was dating you and they were enraged. So they sent him to live with his uncle in America so he wouldn't have to see you." She confessed, her fists bitterly clenching as she glared at me in pure hatred.

"You literally ruin everything honestly. Great going, asshole." Yerim insulted, aggressively shoving me on my shoulder as she walked away from me.

My heart was ferociously throbbing.

This cant be happening.

Please, tell me this is just a bad nightmare.

Please, wake me up from this abominable illusion.

Please, I cant take this.

Unintentionally, I found myself frantically rushing toward the exit of the school, intending to head toward Jungkook's house.

Restlessly running down the sidewalk while panting hard, I eventually reached his front door.

Without hesitation, I vigorously knocked in hopes of persuading either of his parents to bring him back.

The door creaked open and revealed Jungkook's mother, who seemed to be utterly displeased to see me.

"What do you want?" She disinterestedly questioned.

"Please make Jungkook come back! I promise I'll never talk to him, interact with him, or do anything dealing with him! I'll do whatever it takes to make him come back! Just please!" I desperately begged as my voice trembled.

"You really think I would trust you? Girls like you do nothing but ruin my son's life." She scoffed in response.

"Besides, he wasn't doing very well in school so I thought that maybe he'll improve if he continued his education in America." She shrugged, not having the slightest of consideration in my request.

"I-I beg you..." I weakly pleaded, despite the large lump in my throat from the great dejection that overwhelmed me.

"My answer's always going to be a 'no' Seoyeon. I'm sorry." Jungkook's mother denied, harshly slamming the door shut and leaving me standing there as an completely broken mess.

Helplessly crouching down onto the floor, I grievously buried my face into the palms of my hands and sobbed my heart out.

"He isn't coming back"
Whispered my head.
"He has to"
Sobbed my heart.

We met as strangers,
hopeless strangers,
unknown of our future.

We made memories as lovers,
whimsical lovers,
living life in our present.

We ended up as strangers,
mournful strangers,
forgetting what we shared in our past.

Metaphorically, we died.

And everything we were was just a cold,
fucked-up memory.

Jungkook became an afterthought, and I was left to repair the scars he left upon my existence.

I've been drowning in this overwhelming feeling of love, until I lost the will to fight.

I was no longer able to see the purpose of continuing to fight for us.

I'm done, it's over, it's the end.

Suddenly, a single drip of water dropped onto the tip of my head, shortly followed by a violent, heavy rain entirely drenching me.

I continued to silently weep on the cold ground, absolutely vulnerable and powerless.

Unexpectedly, I noticed an umbrella hover over me, preventing me from soaking myself even more.

Weakly raising my head to see who it was, my heart greatly warmed at the sight of Taehyung standing there, his left hand stuffed in his pocket and his other hand firmly holding out the umbrella for me.

He came back.

Even after all I've done to him, he still came back.

"T-Taehyung..." I muttered, displaying a relieved expression and camouflaging my distressed, heartbroken grimace.

Lending me a helping hand, he generously offered to help me up.

"Come on, let's go. You're gonna catch a cold."

Feebly nodding my head in response, I gently took his hand and stood up on my feet, obediently walking home with my body secured in Taehyung's comforting arm.