Nemesis

After purchasing eggs from the grocery store like my mom told me to, I headed toward the bus stop in order to head home.

Reaching my destination, I lazily plopped down on the bench and took out my phone.

Casually scrolling through my phone and patiently waiting for the bus to arrive, I suddenly felt someone vigorously situate himself next to me.

I raised my head to look at this rather aggressive person, only to see Yerim's ex-boyfriend angrily glaring at me with his arms folded.

"What the- how the hell did you find me?" I confusedly asked, kind of creeped out at the fact that he literally approached me out of nowhere

"That's not important right now." He abruptly replied.

"What do you want?" I uninterestedly asked, letting out a lazy sigh as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'm still mad at you from earlier." He grumpily stated, apparently holding a grudge on me for embarrassing him in front of Yerim.

"What're you gonna do? Kill me?" I mockingly questioned, knowing he couldn't do anything about it anyways.

"You're lucky I don't hurt girls." He said, only to make me roll my eyes at his remark.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about Yerim." He said, being that excessively obsessive ex who obviously doesn't know what the definition of a 'break-up' is.

"Dude, just accept it. She doesn't like you." I stated, attempting to make him face facts and get over Yerim already.

"B-But why? I'm handsome, I'm tall, I have broad shoulders, I've got everything!" He whined, causing me to cringe at his utter arrogance.

"Well Mr. Narcissistic, maybe she got sick and tired of you and your conceited ass." I said, receiving an extremely offended gasp from him in return.

"First of all, it's not 'Mr. Narcissistic', it's Jin. Second of all, the entire population of girls in our school literally drool over me everyday so no one can get tired of my looks. And third of all, Yerim still loves me and I know it." Jin confidently stated.

"Uh, I don't recall drooling over you or even having the slightest interest in you, so it's not the 'entire' population of girls is it." I snapped, not wanting to be included in his list of fangirls.

"Well, it must suck to be blind." He said, carelessly shrugging his shoulders at my remark.

"It must suck to be stupid." I said, referring to his inability to comprehend what a damn 'break-up' is.

"Who do you think you are?" He irritatedly questioned as he squinted his eyes, furiously glaring at me with his arms still crossed.

"Choi Seoyeon." I replied, a proud grin displayed right across my face.

"Well Seoyeon, no one likes a person with a bad attitude like you." Jin insulted, only to make me let out a scoff of disbelief.

"Is that why Yerim never loved you?" I snapped, receiving a loud gasp from him in response.

"You-"

But before he could fire back at me, the bus finally arrived, cutting off Jin with its loud screech of the brakes.

"Well, it sure was great talking to you Jin." I stated in a rather sarcastic tone, standing up from my seat as I gave him a fake smile.

"This isn't over Soeyeon." He angrily said as he stood up from the bench as well.

"Whatever you say." I carelessly responded.

And with that, I walked away and entered the bus, leaving Jin standing there all alone as he continued to glare at me.

~ The Next Day ~

Waking up to the annoying sound of my ringtone, I sluggishly rolled over to the other side of my bed and grabbed my phone.

"Hello...?" I sleepily answered, drowsily rubbing my eyes as I let out a big yawn.

"Seoyeon?" I heard a familiar voice say from the other side, causing me to immediately gasp in utter shock.

"Taehyung?!" I anxiously shouted, greatly panicking at the fact that I had completely forgotten about him coming over for the project.

"I-I'm kind of lost right now..." He fearfully muttered, unable to find my house from the address I sent him.

"Hold on, I'll come out and look for you." I assured as I hurriedly jumped out of my bed with my pajamas still on, rushing down the stairs and toward my front door.

Running out of my house, I eagerly scanned my neighborhood in search for Taehyung, only to find him standing right in the middle of the road with his head constantly turning here and there like a hopelessly lost child.

"Taehyung!" I shouted in order to catch his attention, causing him to hastily look at the direction of where my voice came from.

An extremely relieved expression immediately appearing on his face at the sight of me, he hurriedly ran toward me like an excited little puppy.

"S-Sorry I had to make you come out for me..." He apologized, sheepishly fixing his hair with his hand as he fluffed it back.

Raising his head to look at me, his eyes grew larger at the sight of my disheveled presentation.

"You look... nice?" He reluctantly stated, obviously trying not to come out rude or offend me in any way.

"Oh don't mind my messy appearance. I literally just woke up like 5 minutes ago." I carelessly informed him.

"Well, come on in." I casually invited him, entering back into my house as Taehyung obediently followed after me.