Show You

~ The Next Day ~

Walking down the hall with my hands grasping onto the straps of my backpack, I noticed a thrilled-looking Taehyung running toward me with a huge grin, as if he was an enthusiastic little puppy rushing toward its owner.

"Seoyeon!" He jubilantly said as he reached my side, immediately enveloping his arms around me as he gave me a vigorous embrace. 

"Well someone's happy?" I chuckled.

"I've been dying to see you." He confessed, squeezing me even tighter.

"I saw you yesterday stupid." I said, giggling at his clinginess.

Finally releasing me, Taehyung fondly gazed down at me with a loving smirk.

"Let's go to class." He suggested, casually interlacing my hand with his as we headed toward the direction of our classroom together.

But on our way there, we were approached by a bewildered-looking Jungkook.

"Hey... guys?" He apprehensively greeted in a puzzled tone, probably confused from the bizarre sight of Taehyung and I holding hands.

My humiliating confession from yesterday instantly replayed in my mind, making me awkwardly shift my gaze away from Jungkook, unable to utter a single word.

"A-Are you guys dating?" I heard Jungkook anxiously question.

"Yeah, and?" Taehyung coldly snapped, as if he was agitated by the fact that he was curious about our relationship.

"Oh, c-cool." Jungkook cheerlessly responded, seeming like he wasn't very fond of the idea of us being together. 

"What do you want?" Taehyung callously asked with irritation in his tone, his grip on my hand tightening a bit.

What's up with the strange tension between them?

His contentious, belligerent attitude toward Jungkook was odd, considering that they were such intimate friends to the point where people actually assumed they were gay for one another.

"I need to talk to Seoyeon." Jungkook stated, causing my body tense up in fright.

Oh god, no.

"Sorry, but you cant." Taehyung rejected without hesitation, pulling me closer to his side as he abruptly attempted to walk past Jungkook.

But suddenly, he was stopped by a fierce grip on his arm.

"Who do you think you are to forbid me from speaking with her?" Jungkook infuriately questioned him with his eyebrows ragingly furrowed.

"I'm her boyfriend. And you are?" Taehyung mockingly asked, emphasizing how I rightfully belonged to him while Jungkook wasn't in any relation with me whatsoever.

His factual statement made Jungkook instantly shut up, causing him to sorely clench his fists from his inability to fight back.

Smirking in satisfaction, Taehyung dragged me away from him.

~ Lunch ~

Since Tae was forced to clean the classroom for recklessly sleeping in class, I decided to wait for him to finish at the rooftop.