Illusion

Entering the ballroom with my hand in Taehyung's, we merged ourselves with the gigantic crowd that was lovingly slow dancing with their partners.

"Geez, it's so crowded." Taehyung said, his grasp on my hand tightening as he pulled me along with him so I wouldn't separate from him.

Finally finding an open spot, he reluctantly turned to face me with his cheeks slightly tinted.

"Uh, w-what do I do now?" He anxiously questioned, probably unaware of how to slow dance at all.

Chuckling at how nervous he was being, I gently took his right hand.

"Your hand go here." I demonstrated, lightly placing it waist as I intertwined my hand with his other with my left hand on his shoulder.

"Woah Seoyeon, since when were you so good at dancing?" He bewilderedly asked in utter amazement.

"It's a gift." I joked, secretly thanking Jungkook for teaching me how to dance back at the mall.

Taehyung and I silently swayed along to the mellow, euphonious music that played throughout the entire ballroom.

I couldn't help but feel a bit bashful from his fondly gaze on me, causing my face to feel slightly hot.

"S-Stop staring at me like that." I sheepishly muttered, shifting my gaze away from his.

"Sorry, you're just so pretty." Taehyung apologized, warmly smiling at me with endearing eyes.

"S-Shut up." I murmured with my cheeks now burning like a scorching oven.

"Seoyeon, do you believe in love at first sight?" He suddenly questioned.

"No. That's not real." I answered.

"Oh really?" He doubtingly questioned as he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes really." I responded, nodding my head in confidence.

"Explain why I fell in love with you the first time I laid my eyes on you then." He stated, causing me to burst into laughter from his flirtatious joke.

"You're ridiculous." I said, shaking my head in disbelief.

Suddenly, a familiar-looking couple caught my eyes as I looked over Taehyung's shoulder, causing me to freeze in extreme shock.

There stood Jungkook and Yerim, passionately kissing one another at the center of the crowd under the dazzling chandelier.

My heart completely dropped, witnessing the love of my life locking his lips with my 'best friend', his hands placed on her waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Seoyeon? What's wrong?" Taehyung worriedly questioned, noticing my sudden change in behavior.

But I couldn't dare to utter a single word due to the great lump in my throat as I grievously held in the forming tears in my eyes from falling.

Strongly pushing myself out of his embrace, I ran away from him before he could witness my greatly broken state.

Finding my way through the countless number of people in the ballroom, I rushed out and hurriedly exited the hotel.

The night sky was truly mesmerizing with its luminous stars that brightly shimmered, just like the tears that were trickling down my face as I wistfully walked along the sidewalk on my way back home.

An overwhelming silence surrounded me as I quietly sobbed my heart out.

My eyes have swelled over crying rivers of deceit, and I hate it. Really.

Frustration is the only thing I've been able to feel lately, and disappointment has become the new normal for me.

I sit in anticipation of all the things that mostly likely wont occur, mostly the things which I desire the most.

Feeling my legs going weak, I sorely crouched down onto the ground with my head buried in my arms and dejectedly weeped under a flickering lamp post.

~ Taehyung's POV ~

I knew the reason to why Seoyeon ran out.

Because I witnessed it myself.

And that was why I was trying my best to distract her, just so she wouldn't see it herself.

I didn't want her to be completely heartbroken all over again.

I didn't want to see her grief-stricken frown once again.

I didn't want her to be hurt ever again.

But I was too late.

Rushing out of the hotel, I chased after the direction to where I saw Seoyeon run off to.

Breathlessly running along the sidewalk, I finally spotted her crouched down on the ground with her shoulders quivering.

My eyes softening in relief, I approached her.

Squatting down right next to her, I lightly placed my hand on her head and gently stroked her hair.

Gradually raising her head, Seoyeon looked at me with her eyes red from sobbing so much.

"T-Taehyung..." She muttered at the sight of me.

My heart throbbed, seeing her at such a horrible state.

Unintentionally, I found myself wrapping my arms around her and pulling her into my embrace.

"Stop crying over that idiot. He isn't worth your tears." I quietly assured.

"I can't... My tears just won't stop flowing..." She grievously muttered, burying her face into my chest as she stained my tuxedo.

"I like him so much, that it's actually killing me inside..." She wistfully confessed with her voice slightly cracking.

Hearing her ludicrous statement, something inside of me just snapped.

Forcefully separating myself from her, I looked at her with my eyebrows furrowed and both of my hands firmly placed on her shoulders.

"Seoyeon, he doesn't like you!" I sorely shouted at her.

"He likes Yerim! Please, just give up on him!" I earnestly begged, my grip on her tightening as my anxiety poured into my words.

I had to show her the bitter truth of reality.

She's sabotaging herself by living in a beautiful illusion of Jungkook actually returning her feelings.

I needed to save her from the hell of misery she was putting herself through.

Her heart simply needs more time to accept what her mind already knows.

Grievously lowering her head, I noticed a single tear drop from her eyes as she fluttered her long lashes.

"I know..." She quietly muttered.

With my expression softening as I let out a small sigh, I took off the jacket of my tuxedo and lightly placed it over Seoyeon's shoulders.

"It's getting cold. Come on, I'll drive you home." I said as I stood up, sticking out my hand for her to get up as well.

Gently taking my hand, she tugged on it for support and stood up, wiping her tears away with the palm of her hand as she sniffled.

With a warm smile forming onto my face, I brought up my right hand and gave her a pat on her head.

"Seoyeon, everything's going to be alright. Maybe not today, but eventually." I assured, receiving a genuine grin from her in response.

"Thanks Tae."