Chapter 1

Ria's POV

I'm Tachibana Ria. I play badminton and has been said to be a "prodigy." I've been compared to the Generation of Miracles sometimes. They said that I'm as strong as them in badminton as they are in basketball. But they're all TOTALLY wrong!! Totally, extremely wrong!

There was a time when we had a practice match here in our school, Kaijou High. It seems that the other team asked for the help of Kise Ryouta, one of the Generation of Miracles for help. At that time, I wondered, "What would seeking the help of someone who plays basketball do to help? Does he play badminton? Oh, this would be an easy match."

Oh, how I was wrong! He actually managed to defeat me. It was a serious match. He defeated me by two points! That was surprising. After that, he was smiling like nothing even happened.

"That was a good game, Riacchi!" he said, holding out his hand. Of course, being the spoil sport as I was, I slapped his hand away and walked off.

And..did I ever mention that I've met him before that? He had been my partner in modelling sometimes. Really, he is good in modelling because of his face too. A jack-of-all-trades, you can say.

But..the captain of the basketball team, Kasamatsu Yukio-senpai, is really good too. He's handsome too, but not as handsome as Kise Ryouta, sadly. But I like him more. Really, what do girls see in that blonde?

I sometimes come to watch their practice too, when we don't have practice, of course. I'm not the type to skip practice. I work hard to get better, after all. But I didn't expect blondie to see me today though.

"Riacchi, you came to watch us? That makes me so happy!" he said.

"What? What makes you think that I came to see you?"

"Ehh?! You didn't?" he asked, with a puppy-look and a matching pout.

"Nope," I told him straight out. I wanted to tell him that I came to see Kasamatsu-senpai, but that's too embarrassing.

"Oi, Kise, you're friends with Tachibana Ria? That Tachibana?" said his teammates. Hehe~

"Hey! I'm a model too! Of course, I'd meet her," he said in an annoying tone.

"And for your information, this guy's not my friend! He's my mortal enemy!"

"Eh? Enemy? What did I do, Riacchi?"

"Urusai, blondie!" I said.

((Urusai means shut up))

Then his teammates laughed. I eyed Kasamatsu-senpai for a bit. He was laughing too. At least I made him laugh. ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

"Uwaah~! That's horrible!" Kise--I mean, blondie, said with a ( ;'Д`) face.

Kasamatsu-senpai then went closer to me--I mean us, still laughing. Uh...speechless..no comment. He's shining! *Ria vision*

"Nice meeting you then, Ria-san." Om--ahdjakkdhs He smiled! He fudging, freakin' smiled at me!!!!

"N-nice meeting you too, Kasamatsu-senpai," I said and smiled back.

"Uwah! That's unfair, captain!"

"Yeah! Being the first one to introduce himself to Ria-chan!"

I just sweatdropped and faked a cough.

"Anyway, Kis--I mean, blondie, my manager said we'd be having a photoshoot together at XX studio today. So I came to remind you and happened to watch your practice instead. And the photoshoot is about any time now..so we got to go.."

What I just said is true! My manager really told me that. He then looked at his phone. "Oh yeah! Thanks a lot, Riacchi! You saved me from my scary manager!"

"Yeah, yeah, let's just get going."

Okaaay, that was an excuse. I was probably gonna explode in happiness since senpai talked to me like that.

"Aww...Ria-chan is going already.."

"Well, see you tomorrow, Kise. Oh, and Ria-san, feel free to watch our practices again, if you'd like to," Kasamatsu-senpai said. Yey!

"Hai, senpai!"

~~

On the way to the studio..

"I'm so happy you came to see me for the first time, Riacchi~ssu!" blondie said for the sixth time! I hit his head.

"Yeah! I just saved you from your scary manager, bla bla bla. And you're welcome," I said and looked at him.

Then he smiled that oh-so-happy smile that'd make a dark room light up at me. And I felt my cheeks feel warm. Woah, did I just blush?