Chapter 9

*PART 2 of Kise's birthday party*

Ryouta's POV

So happy! So happy~! I received lots of gifts~ssu! That earthworm though ~_~ Riacchi's so mean...I went up to my room first to open some of my gifts..

Kasamatsu-senpai gave me a new ball~Now I can replace my old one! Then I opened Riacchi's second gift. It's a jacket. She sure knows how to pick my style. There's a letter attached to it too.

'Hey, Kise! Here's a jacket for you..since I figured you wouldn't want that earthworm~It was just a prank after all! I can imagine your funny face right now while writing this letter! o(^▽^)o I hope you like the jacket, and I hope you'll wear it too. I thought of you when I saw it in the mall and thought that it would suit you. You better like it! ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

P.S. I'm only calling you by your name now, 'kay? It's your birthday after all! :P

~R.T.'

It said. Uwaah~! I'm so happy~ssu! Riacchi actually thought of me! QwQ

When I went downstairs though, I saw her hugging Kagami. I suddenly want to beat him up!! ....just joking! But what is this feeling I wonder? Jealousy? But I don't even have feelings for her, so why? OwO

I jumped into the conversation without thinking. I didn't even know what they were talking about.

"Oh, the guest of honor is here!" Hyuga said.

"Haha~ Of course, yours truly, Kise Ryouta, is here!" I declared in a rather high-pitched voice than the usual. It's a good thing no one seemed to notice though. They wouldn't suspect me of getting jealous right? Right?! Then I saw Riacchi looking at me suspiciously..

Ria's POV

Wasn't his voice really high-pitched just now? How come no one noticed? I wonder if he's troubled or something..I should talk to him later, but..Wouldn't it be too nosy of me? Maybe it would just trouble him further. But I'm really worried~wait! Why am I worried about him anyway? Well, I guess it's just natural as a friend..

"Hey, Kise. Can I talk to you later?" I asked anyway.

"Ooh~ Could it be a confession?" Taiga asked. I hit his head. Why would I confess?! "Ouch, that hurt!"

"Serves you right, Taiga, for saying something stupid."

"Sure, Riacchi!" Kise answered. I nodded.

"THE CAKE!" someone shouted. We all turned around and saw the cake on the floor, squashed.

"What happened?" someone asked.

"That idiot accidentally bumped into the table and it fell!"

"Whaat?! The caaaaaakeeeeeeeeee!!"

Poor cake-chan..Cake-chan? Seriously? -.-"

"Uwaah! Cakecchi!!" Kise cried with tears.

Luckily, her sister baked some cupcakes. Hooray for Kise's beautiful and capable onee-chan!! Banzaiii!

We thought.

"Nigou has eaten the cupcakes!" someone shouted and all of us looked at Kuroko.

"Gomenosai, Kise-kun, minna-san," he said and bowed.

=___________=