Chapter 21

Ria's POV

It's almost the Winter Cup. My bet with Shogo still stands. The clubs are practicing madly, and so is the badminton club. We need to win this thing!

"Ria-san," the captain called out to me. She's a third year.

"Yes, captain?"

"I need to talk to you after practice."

I nodded. I wonder what she wants to talk to me about.

~~after practice~~

"So, Captain, what did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've decided. Ria-san..I want you to replace me as captain once we third years graduate."

Captain?! I never expected this..

"Will you accept it?" she asked.

I smiled at her. "Yes, ma'am!"

"Great!! I'll announce it when the tournament's over."

>>WINTER CUP, AND AT THE SAME TIME, THE BADMINTON TOURNAMENT<<

We successfully passed the preliminaries, all of us. Our team is strong, after all although some of the other first years hit a wall after the preliminaries.. I wonder how the basketball club is doing.

I watch their matches once I get my matches done and on my breaks. So far, so good..until..the match with Fukuda Sogo. Why did he have to step on his foot?! That's totally unfair. Now,I'm worried. I want to watch the rest of the match, but my match is about to start so, I didn't manage to finish it.

I need to calm down. He's going to be all right. The team is with him. It's not like he's going against all of them by himself. That's right! So, I need to focus on my match right now..

~~

I smiled as I found out that they won the match while I won my own. I can't see them anyway. The next day matches...5 of the members of the badminton club won medals. The captain won a silver one. I did too.

"You did well, everyone!" the captain cheered.

"Yes!"

"I've also got an announcement to make," she said. "When the third years retire from club activities, Midorima Ria-san will be the captain. Ichijou Aiko will be the vice-captain."

"Good for you, Ria-chan!" one said.

I bowed my head. "Arigatou, minna!"

"Well, what're you waiting for?"

"Huh?"

"GO TO YOUR BOYFRIEND ALREADY! He's playing his match right?" they said. -_-" I was planning on doing that.

"Yes, madams!" I said as the captain kicked me out. What.....I feel like Ryota.....

I rushed to the basketball Winter Cup, only to find them losing to Shutoku with only a few seconds left.

10..

9..

8..

7..

6..

5..

4..

3

2..

1...

And there goes the buzzer. Kaijou lost to Shutoku and is the 4th strongest team in Japan. I sighed. They did well. At the other side of the court, it's very heated up..Rakuzan v.s. Seirin..

I went to the hallways, and there I saw Shogo.

"I lost the bet," he said. His bandaged face looks so funny! I laughed pointing at his face that got beaten up by Aomine.

"I remember the time Nijimura-kun beat you up."

"Shut up!"

"And yes, you lost the bet," I said while smirking. "I should think about what I'm going to make you do."

He clicked his tongue with a "tch" and left. Then I saw the Kaijou team going towards me.

"Why we(l)e you with that basta(l)d Haizaki Shogo?! Did he come to pick a fight?!?!?!" Hayakawa asked while messing up the Ls and Rs as usual.

"He didn't," I assured him.

The guys' faces were gloomy, and they're obviously depressed.

"Sorry...we lost," they said.

"But you did good," I praised them and noticed that Kasamatsu-senpai and Ryota aren't with them. "Where's Kasamatsu-senpai and Ryota?" I asked.

"They went that way to have a private talk," they said and pointed to the right side.

"Thanks," I said and flashed them a smile, then ran towards where they went.

"Well, Kise, it seems you're girlfriend is here," Kasamatsu-senpai said as he saw me running towards them. He stood up. "I'll leave him to you, I guess," he said while walking off. I think it's the first time he talked to me without stuttering and trembling..

"Riacchi.." he called to me with a sad tone.

"You did well," I said softly as his tears fell one by one. It made me want to cry too, but I can't. I'll support him..He leaned towards me and cried more with a nod.

"We'll defeat them next year. Kaijou is only going to be stronger as time passes, you too. Your Perfect Copy will improve more and more."

"Riacchi!! Daisuki!" he cried with crocodile tears.

"I love you too, Ryota~ Now, come on. Stand up. I'll treat the team some food! I just got my salary and allowance last week!" I declared and stood up with him. "Let's go watch Seirin's match first though!"

"Hai!"

~~

Yosh! Finally finished! >w< Hehe! Now tell me.....WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO TO HAIZAKI?! :DD Please do read my Nijimura fanfic