Chapter 8

*ON THE DAY OF KISE RYOUTA'S BIRTHDAY*

Ria's POV

There's a party going on in the Kise household. It's Kise Ryouta's birthday! Of course, lots of friends were invited. The Generation of Miracles, the basketball team of Kaijou, and blondie's model friends. All of the girls in the party were focused on the GOM and the models though.. =w=

That's when I noticed him. He's here too? Kagami Taiga, a friend I made in America. We were lacking models in my photoshoot in America because some models were unlucky and experiencing food poisoning. We were also lacking time. Then I saw the three of them playing, Kagami Taiga, Himuro Tatsuya, and Alexandra Garcia. They were good-looking, so there was no problem. It was a sports photoshoot anyway.

I never expected him to be here. He was with Kuroko-kun from Seirin. So I guess he studies there too? What a coincidence! I was about to say "hi" to him when Kise--I mean--blondie--no nevermind, lemme just call him Kise for today;it's his birthday after all--pulled me from the crowd.

"Riacchi! You came? That makes me so happy! I thought you weren't going to come see me~ssu," he said.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Of course I am! Anyway, happy birthday, Kise. Oh, don't get the wrong idea, alright? I'm only going to call you that, just for today. Anyway, here's your gift," I said while handing him a box. Inside the box is the earthworm keychain. I can't wait to see his disgusted expression. Hahaha~

His eyes sparkled when he saw the box. "Arigatou, Riacchi!~ssu" He began to open the box, then he screamed when he saw it. The people all looked at him with a weird expression when he dropped the box and screamed.

"That's mean, Riacchi! You know how much I hate earthworms! They're gross!!"

I laughed. "Well, it's cute! The earthworm keychain's cute! And that expression is priceless!" I said in between my laughs while pointing at him. "A-anyway," I continued, "I have two gifts for you anyway," I said while handing him another box. "It isn't an earthworm anymore."

"A-arigatou.."

~~

When I finally got the chance to say "hi" to him, I decided to do it in a grand way. =w= It's been so long after all~ I hugged him and--

"Taiga! Long time no see! So you study in Seirin?" I asked.

He blushed a bit. What? It's just a hug..and it's normal as a greeting. I guess he's really Japanese after all. Alex-chan wouldn't be that flustered~

"Ria? You're here too?" he asked.

"Of course, I am! Have you forgotten that I'm a model too?" I asked while pouting and letting him go.

"Nah, it's not you I forgot. It's Kise. I forgot he was a model too," he answered.

I laughed. What the heck? Everyone's making me laugh today. It's not even my birthday. "Anyway, I missed you, Taiga! Why aren't Tatsuya and Alex-chan here?" I asked, I missed them too!

"They're still in America. I doubt that they know Kise though."

"Oh," I said in disappointment. And then the Seirin gang went over to us.

"You know each other? We were about to introduce the two of you," Hyuga-san said.

"Yeah. Hey, hey, do you know that this guy modelled before? He doesn't look like it, but he has the potential!" I said, snickering, and pointing at Taiga. I rummaged my bag and finally found the magazine. I showed them a picture with Taiga, Tatsuya, and Alex-chan playing basketball and posing.

"It's true! We didn't know you modelled before, Kagami!"

"Well, they were lacking some models so..they asked us for help," he explained.

"And we became friends after that," I continued.

"That's unfair, Kagami," one of them butted in.

=w=" Why's that unfair?