Chapter 10

*later that night at Kise's house*

After the party, the guests have left, but Ria stayed behind since Kise promised to talk to her after the party....

Ria's POV

"Kisee~" I called him. What the heck is taking him so long?

"Hai, hai, Riacchi! Seriously..why are you so impatient?" he asked with a (ーー;)face. Is this what I get for worrying about him??!

"because you took too long," I answered bluntly, "Seriously, an hour for a bath? I only take 50 minutes to finish mine!"

"But the difference is only 10 minutes!" he whined.

"Time is money, Kise!" I lectured.

He pouted and sat on the couch beside me. I didn't know what to say after that conversation..but he broke the silence.

"Ne, Riacchi, what did you want to talk about?" he asked.

I was silent for a while, thinking of what to say. "Riacchi?"

"Ermh....Kise! Are you okay?!" I blurted out.

"O-of course, I am! What's with this all of a sudden?"

"Well, when we were talking with the people from Seirin earlier, I noticed that you weren't as noisy as you usually are, and that when you spoke, your voice was really high-pitched," I explained, "So..what's wrong?" He stiffened up a bit. "...Kise?"

"I'm fine, Riacchi, I'm fine~ssu!" he answered. I touched his cheek.

"Really?" I asked. He doesn't look fine to me..He blushed a bit. "You seem hot though.."

"Erm..Riacchi, are you flirting with me?"

I hit his head, hard. "YOU IDIOT! I. REGRET. WORRYING. ABOUT. YOU."

He laughed. Over his laugh, I heard the roar of thunder. I flinched. Thunder..is my weakness...

"Riacchi? Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah," I said as I stood up. I didn't want to hear it again. But it happened again.

"Kyaa!"

"Riacchi?"

I accidentally tugged his shirt and hugged him because of my fear. He seemed surprise at first, but patted my back, and I managed to relax a bit.

"Could it be..that you're scared of thunder?" he asked.

I nodded. "You can laugh.."

I expected him to do it, but he didn't.

"Why should I?"

"You probably think it's childish."

"No, I don't. Everybody has fears. Besides, being scared of an earthworm is way more childish," he said.

I smiled, laughing at the thought of his reaction earlier. "S-sorry for giving you that gift!" I said.

He patted my head. "It's okay. You gave me that jacket anyway."

"Stop treating me like a cat," I said.

"Well, at least, you didn't get scared now."

"You're right. You're right! I didn't!!"

"Why're you scared of it anyway?" he asked.

"Well, I got lost in the forest for 6 hours when I was 7 years old..It was way back then, but I guess I got traumatized! Hehe!"

"I see..Let's wait for the rain to clear up. I'll be with you, so don't be scared," he said.

I smiled a bit. He's surprisingly very gentle...