3

Sorry in advance for the shorter chapter. Enjoy!

Word count: 1202

Chapter's Song: Whatever it Takes

Arion glanced at Storm. One hundred fillies seemed high for some root. He kept his head down and kept walking, deciding it would be best not to question him.

"I know what you're thinking." Storm said catching Arion off guard.

Arion sighed.

"It's just one hundred fillies seems too high, what are we even going to do with one hundred fillies?"

Storm smiled, "One thing you should know about the Snow Hoof Arion."

Arion looked at his father.

"They never give up fillies."

"Then why did you make that deal if you know they won't take it?"

"I want to see how desperate they really are, either way, this benefits our herd."

Arion sighed, some things he would never understand.

Milly had a furrowed brow. She had not said much during the meeting, she listened better that way. The mare worried how long it would take the Death Cough to reach the other side of the river if it had already infected the Snow Hoof Herd. Getting older herself she hoped that the next lead mare would not have to deal with the Death Cough. The rest of the group shuffled their feet, the threat was real and they all had to think about what would happen next, for the sake of the herd. Storm looked back to his captions.

"We all must be prepared for the worse, we don't know what will come from this deal."

Moon nodded, "I am behind you no matter what sir."

Storm nodded, "Thank you."

He turned around and lead the group back to the herd. Horses swarmed around the returning group nickering and whispering among themselves.

"What do you think happened?"

"I bet they are taking over our lands."

"No doubt they are trouble."

"SILENCE!" Storm boomed.

The herd got quiet and listened to what their leader had to say.

"As you know we went to negotiate with the Snow Hoof Herd today."

Some elderly horses spat at the ground stomping their feet in protest. Storm continued ignoring their outburst.

"They are infected with the Death Cough."

There was a collective gasp and some horses backed away from the circle that had surrounded around Storm.

"The herb to heal them only grows on our side of the river, which is why they wanted to trade."