14

Hello everyone and welcome to another late chapter. I will be trying to post once a week so my updates fit into my schedule. Thank you for understanding. All though this chapter is shorter than most of my chapters, it is one of my favorites. So try not to let its short length and word count scare you ;) Enjoy.

Word Count: 1019

Arion watched Jewel, her long mane was tangled and hung mangled on her neck

Arion watched Jewel, her long mane was tangled and hung mangled on her neck. Her tired eyes meet his and she bared her teeth and turned her back. The mare was surrounded by the best fighters there was no way she could escape. Walking up to the Moon he looked over the stallion's shoulder.

"Can I speak to her?' He questioned looking at the mare.

"You would have to talk to Storm."

Arion sighed but nodded wandering off to find his father.

"Sir!" He called out walking up the hill to the Outlook.

Storm sharply turned glaring at his son.

"What?"

"I request to speak to the prisoner."

"No."

Arion pawed at the ground, "I could get information."

Storm looked up again glaring at the young stallion.

"Don't you question my authority son." He said baring his teeth.

Arion looked down in submission hoping not to anger his father more.

"You really think you can talk sense into the mare?" He said starting to think it over, this could be good for Arion.

For his training of course. He reminded himself.

"Yes," Arion said looking into his father's eyes once again.

"Then go, report back on what you have learned."

Arion quickly nodded racing down the hill before he would change his mind. Nodding to Moon the circle parted allowing the yearling in.

"Jewel." He said looking at the smaller mare.

"Dangerous for you to be in here by yourself River Runt."

"Remember whose land you are on, mare." He spat back at her keeping his eyes cold.

She turned to face him he eyes full of venom.

"I see they have taught you how to be ruthless like you all are."

Arion rolled his eyes taking a step forward. As if on instinct she stepped back keeping her head high.

"Your mother would not have proud."

"You have never met my mother."

Jewel smile viciously.