12

This is not exactly one of my favorite chapters, so if you see any mistakes lease message me to let me know. I would be happy to fix this chapter up. Also sorry for the late chapters, please enjoy.

Word Count: 1500

Arion watched the horizon scanning for any other horses

Arion watched the horizon scanning for any other horses. It had been three days. His thoughts were a jumbled messed as he continued to search. A soft breeze blew through the trees and Arion jumped. This island had him on edge. His blue eyes scanned his surrounding once more. A rustle in the bush caught his attention, Arion narrowed his eyes. A dapple grey mare with large white patches quickly came over the rocks. Arion quietly ducked his head and through the leaves watched the mare start to trot away. Arion nudged Jinx awake.

"Arion." She grumbled.

"Shhh, a Snow Hoof Horse just walked by."

Jinx's eyes flew open and she slowly peeked her eyes over the thicket.

"Don't joke with me." She huffed glaring at him.

"I'm not!"

She gave him a disapproving look.

"Follow me," he huffed.

Weaving his way through the trees Arion kept low following the direction he saw the horse went. Soon he saw her again and nudged Jinx who narrowed her eyes.

"Snow Scum." She muttered.

The two got close enough to listen, hiding in the thick bushes and grasses keeping low to hide their pelts.

"Winter?" The mare called out.

There was no reply and the mare huffed.

"Winter!"

"Jewel?"

Winter rushed from her hiding spot and touched noses with Jewel.

"I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, but we must prepare ourselves for war Winter."

The mare's eyes widened she could not believe it.

"Already?"

"Yes, your father has gathered the healthy to fight, there is more than we originally thought. They will arrive in three days."

"Who will watch the foals?"

"Blaze made a group of elders."

Winter nodded. Arion pinned his ears, three days was a short amount of time. He shot a glance over to Jinx who kept her eyes trained on the mares.

"We must prepare you for war Winter. You will beat Arion, your father believes in you."

She perked her ears up at the mention of his name, Arion almost felt bad that he had to fight her. He never wanted this war but Winter looked prepared.