11

Here is update #2 today! With my late updates, I just caught up today. Thank you so much for bearing with me. Once again, I do not have a song planned for these chapters, but if you think of anything you think that would fit feet free to let me know. Any song requests will earn you a shout out if I pick your song.

Word Count: 1398

Arion carefully walked over the rocks to the Free Land

Arion carefully walked over the rocks to the Free Land. It was pitch black and he could barely see, this had been one of the darkest nights and he hoped that it would not last long and the morning light would show its face soon.

"I can't believe I got assigned to babysit you," Jinx muttered.

"It is not like I want to be here either." Arion groaned.

Jinx grumbled and Arion's hooves touched the sandy beach, he breathed a sigh of relief, finally.

"We are going to have to work together whether you like it or not." He said turning to face her.

"Yeah, yeah, hush, remember Winter is somewhere on this prison island too."

Arion grumbled another problem he had to worry about.

"Let's just camp here, I don't want to wander around in the dark."

Arion could not agree more.

"I will take the first watch." He said.

"No, I will." The mare said with all seriousness.

"Ok, your choice," Arion said, he was too tired to argue.

Resting his back leg he let his eyes droop falling into a light sleep.

"Arion wake up, now," Jinx said firmly pushing the yearling shoulder.

"I'm up," He grumbled.

The sun peeked over the mountains and Jinx glared at him.

"What did I do this time?"

"Nothing."

"Then why do you look so mad?" He said glaring back at her.

"That's my face Arion," Jinx said huffing.

Arion laughed shaking off last night's sleep.

Arion looked around, he could see the negotiating area near the river. The water seemed higher today. He shuddered, that could not be good.

Jinx glared at her surroundings.

"He should have sent Moon." She muttered.

Arion could not help but agree.

"Let's start with your advanced moves." Jinx finally said.

Arion nodded and waited for her command.

" Kick."

Arion acted, immediately kicking violently to the left. Jinx snagged her teeth on his leg she quickly pulled back catching Arion off guard.