10

Wow, am I behind or what? I owe you guys two chapters, which means you will all get two updates today. Sorry for the backlog, but today I have no songs pre-planned but if you think any fit this chapter feel free to let me know.

Word Count: 1475

Arion's eyes were set in determination, a rustle int he bushes caught his attention

Arion's eyes were set in determination, a rustle int he bushes caught his attention. The dark grey pelt shined in the Sun, shiny hooves shone on the dusty ground.

"I hope that week paid off son." Storm said a small smirk playing on his face.

Arion knew that smirk, he knew it all too well. Storm intended to win. The herd gathered around to see their protector stallion fight the next in line. With a quick sudden motion, Storm lashed out his hooves slashing across Arions chest. The young stallion reared charging forward grabbing a tuft of Storm's long mane and yanking him back. The stallion fell the ground and rolled back onto his feet.

He started to circle again and Arion kept his pace wide not wanting to get dizzy. This time he lunged forward making the attack going on his father's legs one sharp kick had the stallion on the ground. Arion smiled, Pebble had taught him that. Storm bit at Arion's leg and the jumped back. Storm took the time to get up, he would not lose to his son, not if he wanted to keep his position as protector stallion.

He reared striking Arion's neck the yearling tumbled down grabbing his sires mane forcing him down too. The stallion landed on the dusty ground a large puff of dust clouded up. The dust swirled around him and he could not see his father. Slowly he could hear him, the soft hoof beats wandered in the dust. Arion knew his surprise would not last long, jumping forward he crashed into Storm, his blue eye shining in the Sun's harsh ray. He screamed a battle cry rearing and landing next to his sire. The dust settled and the crowd watched in shock.

"Deathblow."

Storms breathing was hard and he realized what had just happened. He had lost, to his own son. Horses murmured amongst themselves. Storm could still not believe it, he had to fix this somehow.

"Good fight," he managed to mutter before getting up and walking away.

Arion watched his father's retreating figure and turned his attention back to Sunny and Dusty.

"Let's go get a drink."

They nodded and started to walk towards the lake. Carefully weaving between trees they soon reached the watering hole.

"That was a good fight." Sunny murmured.

"Yeah, you kicked his flank!"

Arion rolled his eyes.

"I'm surprised I won." He murmured quietly.

"Well, I'm not."

Arion turned to look at Jinx, "I mean I did teach you didn't I?"