6

Hello, everyone! Happy Friday, these updates are still coming on time. Have a great weekend and pop a comment and click the little star for a vote. This chapter was quickly edited, so if there are any mistakes feel free to point them out, I don't mind constructive criticism and feedback on my work.

Word Count: 1,460

Song of the Chapter: One Last Time (Cover by Samanatha Harvey)

Arion left his hooves dull for the practice fight. Storm watched quietly on the hill.

This would be the time for him to prove himself, Storm thought.

The stallion had been teaching his colt how to fight for the past few days, he was surprised when Arion was excellent at keeping his ground and fighting back. Now he had to use the skills in a real battle.

Jinx crashed out of the brush startling Arion.The yearling kept low, his eyes narrowing his eyes. Using his shoulder he quickly showed her to the side ready to for the next blow. With her dull hooves not yet sharpened Jinx pounded on Arion's flank. The yearling winced and pushed back. He threw a kick which seemed to knock Jinx out of breath. The mare quickly rolled over and bit Arion in the neck flipping him over with the force. He tried to scramble up but Jinx quickly landed on him forcing him down again. She reared screaming victory and landed next to his face.

"That would have been the death blow." She said, eyeing him.

Arion quickly got up shaking off the dust.

Storm narrowed his eyes, "Again."

Jinx nodded walking back to the forest Arion gathered himself in another defensive position, this time he was determined to win. Jinx reared charging again out of the thicket. Arion raced to meet her, then the two started to fight. Arion grabbed a tuft of mane quickly bringing the mare to the ground, she landed with a hard thump. Arion reared showing his full height and landed next to Jinx's face.

"That would not have killed me," The mare said snickering.

Arion looked confused, letting the mare up.

"You need to position you hooves different for a death blow."

Arion nodded and looked over to Storm.

"Also keep you balance center, it should not be that easy to knock you off balance."

Arion looked at his hooves and waited for Storms command.

"Again." The stallion called out.

This time Arion went into the thicket. The tall grasses tickled his belly and he crouched lower. Jinx stood ready, Arion got low and tried to keep his balance center. He quickly leaped out of the bushes soaring above the thicket he landed in front of Jinx who quickly bit his ear. Arion held back a scream and kicked her neck. The mare fell back from the force knocked out of breath she tried to calm down so she could breathe. Arion reared and angled his hooves and landed next to her.