5

Hello everyone! Running on schedule with updates, so you should still be getting them on Fridays!

Word Count: 1730

Song of the Chapter: Renegades

Arion's eyes scanned the border, he felt a sudden excitement to see the Snow Hoof horses again

Arion's eyes scanned the border, he felt a sudden excitement to see the Snow Hoof horses again. All he saw on the other side was snow softly falling. He had never felt snow in his entire life. The coldest it got on the summer side of the river was autumn. Arion hated the cold, his thin coat would not allow it.

Nothing seemed to be on his border, but Storms words still rung in Arion's ears, the threat of a war was real. Arion heard that all the fighting happened in the Free Land, it seemed big enough. Arion wasn't so sure he was ready even if his herd was. The young stallion could not help but think of all the lives that would be lost. A large group emerged from the snow. Arion furrowed his brow.

Were there now more horses or was he imagining things?

Still, he reared signaling to Storm that they were here. The rest of the herd muttered excitedly a new excitement washed over the herd.

"These peace treaties are getting everyone riled up," Clover muttered.

The old mare fought in the battle permanently damaging her leg

"I agree, we were all great until those nasty Snow Hoof Herd horses came." Brooke snorted.

Arion sighed, no one seemed to understand what was happening. Storm carefully watched the other side of the River.

"There are more horses over there aren't there?" He said looking over at his captions.

"I warned you more would come, you did not listen to me did you?" Jinx muttered pawing the ground.

The stallion bared his teeth silence her.

"Those who came to the negotiations we leave now!"

Captions and other horses ran up the hill and Storm set off leading in front. A harsh breeze whipped in the air and the night soon left no light in the sky. Galloping under the stars the horses seemed to know the way. The sound of the river leads them to the island in the middle of the river. Storm carefully lead his troop over the rocks as the Sun started to rise. Although they were slippery Arion's large hooves easily guided him to the other side. As foals, Arion and Sunny would play on the slippery rocks these seemed no different. His eyes narrowed as he saw the Snow Hoof troop cross the rocks. Their hoofs slipped on the wet stones and Arion held back a laugh. They looked so out of place here.

"Frost." Storm said addressing the other stallion.

"Storm."

The two stallions gazed at each other sizing each other up, trying to act civil may be harder than expected.

"We both know that 100 fillies are too high of a price for the herbs."

"Really? I had no idea."