Chapter Three

"Kellin wake the fuck up!" Justin whacked me with his pillow. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"What the hell?"

"Your interview is in an hour." My eyes widened, and I jumped out of bed.

I jumped in the shower and then got dressed. Once I was done, I skipped breakfast and headed out.

"Thanks!" I yelled to Justin before closing the door.

---

When I got to Starbucks, I went up to the counter and greeted Alena again. She told me he'd be out soon and told me good luck. I sat down and waited. My stomach was in knots. Wait...That'd be good in a song. I grabbed a pen off the table and wrote down what I said on my hand. Pretty soon, the owner came out.

"Hi, I'm Alex, are you Kellin Quinn?" I nodded, he must be the manager. He didn't look very old though.

"Okay, well I'm the manager here, so I need to ask you some questions." I just nodded again. "How old are you?"

"Twenty-one"

"Any previous jobs?"

"Nope," he looked up for a moment, then back down.

"Kellin, do you go to college?"

"I did, not anymore though."

"Why do you want to work here?"

"My parents kicked me out because I'm gay, I'm staying with my band member Justin, but I need a job so I can live in my own apartment or something." He nodded.

"Fair answer," he said simply. "How long do you plan on working, full time or part time?"

"Uh," I thought about it. "Well I'm not sure, I can work everyday except for Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have therapy in the evenings then."

"What's the therapy for?"

"He thinks I have obsessive compulsive disorder." He nodded again.

"Okay well, honestly, you're not very qualified...but I'm going to give you job because you need the money and this isn't a super hard job. You'll be taking orders and helping make the coffee or whatever the customers want. Alena will show you the ropes, she's done this a lot."

"Thank you so much sir." I said holding out my hand. He firmly grasped it and shook. We exchanged smiles and I headed to the counter. Wait...he didn't tell me when I started and how long I worked. I looked at Alena.

"Hey Alena? Do you know by chance how long I'll be working here?" She nodded.

"He said same as me. Ten a.m till five p.m everyday except Sundays and Tuesdays." I nodded. "Also, you start tomorrow." I smiled and thanked her before I left.

---

That night, I basically played video games with Justin. We decided once I got off work tomorrow that we should probably have practice. I texted Gabe and Jack. Eventually, they answered. Gabe's horrible about answering his phone.

"I got a new idea for a song," I told Justin casually. This isn't the first time I've come up with a "brilliant" song idea.

"What is it?"

"Stomach tied in knots, I was thinking about it in my interview. Also....when I was talking to my crush." God, I was pathetic.

"Ohhh," he said winking "Who's your crush?"

"Well....take a guess." I didn't want to come right out and say it.

"Um, your therapist?" I gaped at him.