Chapter Six

Kellin's POV:

"Long time no see," I said, strolling into Vic's. I was hiding the awkwardness from him.

"Yeah, sure." We sat.

"Did you tell him?" He looked sad.

"No...I don't have the heart."

"C'mon Vic, you gotta tell him! What about us." I pouted.

"I know, I know I will...soon." I let out a sigh. "Anyways, how's the medicine been?" I was afraid he'd be asking me this.

"Well, uh, good...but I forgot to take it a few times," I said, fumbling with my fingers.

He let out a sigh and scratched his head. "Kellin...."

"I know, I'm sorry, it won't happen again." I'm trying my best to keep the promise.

"I hope I can trust you." I smiled a little when he grabbed my hand.

"I promise, I'll continue to take it." He smiled.

"You know why I want you on medicine, right?" I shook my head. "Because I care and I want you to be happy again." I grinned wider than I probably ever had. I don't know why that made me so happy, but it did. Still, it's so nice to have someone like Vic in my life. My thoughts were broken when Vic spoke again. "So...have you talked to Jenna?"

"She called yesterday, asking if we could meet and talk."

"And...?"

"I declined." He looked a little weary.

"And why's that?"

"She was treating me like shit. I didn't want to talk to her and plus I'm busy."

"Kellin, not that I'm against you or anything, but I understand what Jenna meant. She probably just wants to apologize and mend your friendship back into one. I think you should go see her." What? I thought he'd be happy I declined!

"What...I-I thought you...you didn't want me to!" I said accusingly.

"When did I say that?" That's right. He didn't.

"Oh...I guess I just...assumed." He rolled his eyes. "But why should I go see her?"

"Because she made a hard decision to talk to you even though she knows you're mad. Just because she broke things off for a little for a legitable reason doesn't give you a good enough reason to be snotty."

"How do you know I was snotty." I shot.

"Because I know you." He shot back.

I sighed. "Fine...I'll go see her." He looked accomplished. I was only doing this for Vic's sake. What Jenna and I had won't come back, the sad part is...I don't want it back. I want my history gone. I've finally started my new life and I don't need any parent bullshit, Jenna, and any other bad memories along with it. But the bad part, if I give up my bad history, I have to give the good up too. Damn, my conscience was such a nuisance sometimes.

---

I walked from Vic's to Jenna's. When I knocked, it took a little before the door opened and there stood Jenna smiling. When she realized it was me, the smile turned into a frown.

"What do you want Kellin?"

"Can we talk?"

"I thought you didn't want to."

"Well I do now, can I come in?" She thought for a moment, then with a sigh, opened the door.

We sat down in the living room. I kind of missed being here. And the more I thought about Jenna and I's memories I realized there was more good than bad. And I couldn't just give those up. I had to fix this.