Chapter Eleven

Kellin's POV:

"Take a seat, the doctor will be right with you," stated the lady at the counter. Her tag said her name was Tay.

"Thanks," I said quietly, taking a seat in the office, away from the others. There wasn't too many people here, but still, I like my space. After messing around on my phone for a bit, the door swung open, getting my attention.

"Mr. Bostwick?" The kind nurse asked.

"That's me," I said, standing up and heading towards her.

"Room three please." I went into the room, taking a seat. She got her pen and paper to update my information. I always get really annoyed because they have to do it every single time. Even if you were in the day before.

"The doctor will be in a few minutes." She said with a smile and closed the door gently. I looked around the room, taking in my surroundings. There was a counter, an exam table, chairs, a small desk, and a magazine rack. Pretty basic honestly. After looking around and reading the posters, the door creaked open and there the doctor himself stood.

"Hi Kellin," He said once he saw me, then headed to the counter, grabbing my papers and scanning them.

"Hi," I said simply.

"How's your leg been?" He asked once he finished with my papers.

"Kind of sore, the brace is heavy." He chuckled.

"Yeah, they are. Okay could you please remove your shoes and come lay on the exam table so I can look at your leg?" I nodded and slipped off my shoes, then slowly made my way to the table, laying down on it. I felt him grab my leg, which hurt.

"Ow..." I muttered softly.

"Sorry, I just need to remove your brace to get a better look." I nodded.

The pain came back and I slightly looked to see what in the hell he was doing. Sure enough, he was removing my brace. Maybe I don't need it anymore. I hope. He got it off eventually and rolled my pants up a bit, just to my knee. I looked away at the sight of my injury. It was just really gross.

"Well...good news Kellin, your wound is healing much faster than I expected it would." I let out a sigh of relief. That is, until his next words. "But, you still need to wear your brace for another two weeks. I'll go get some help and put another on."

"Okay," I said. Last time they put a brace on me, I was under because they were removing the remnants of the bullet. If taking it off hurt, then putting a new one is going to hurt more. I wish Vic were here.

Shit, no, stop thinking about Vic.

I didn't have time to argue with my thoughts before the doctor and a few nurses walked in. They all smiled at me and asked me to sit up, which I obeyed. After five minutes of preparation, the doctor finally announced that they were going to put my brace on. I clenched my eyes closed, in fear to watch them. I'm such a wuss sometimes.

A faint groan left my lips as the doctor starting putting on the brace. I held my breath, and fortunately it was over by the time I couldn't hold it any longer.

"All done, you should schedule an appointment in a couple of weeks." He said as more of an order, so I just nodded.

"Thanks," I muttered before putting on my shoes and headed to the desk to pay. I was on medical assistance, so I wasn't paying it all, which I'm thankful. No way in hell could I ever afford these bills just yet.

Once the bill was paid, I headed outside where Jenna was waiting. Since I can't drive yet, she agreed to take me and pick me up.

"What'd they say?"