Chapter Four

When I opened my eyes the next morning, I had no intentions of getting up. I had to work because it's Wedsnday and I had to go get my prescription. Justin was still bagged out on the other bed, so I decided to sleep a little longer. Turns out, a little longer turned into a lot longer. I woke up when Justin smacked me with his pillow once again.

"Dude, don't you have work?" I looked at the clock. That got me up pretty damn fast.

"Yeah, like an hour ago, did you just get up?" I said, slipping on my jeans and a shirt.

"Yeah, I'm off today, I didn't know." I was pretty pissed.

"Thanks anyways," I said running out the door. I borrowed his car for today, usually I could just walk.

About half way, the car ran out gas.

"Of course, fucking perfect!" I yelled out of frustration. My hands smacked the wheel. I pulled out my phone. "Yeah, my car ran out of gas and I need someone down here to tow it please." I said to the tow company.

"Some one will be there soon."

"Thanks." I ended the call. This was just perfect. I didn't even have Alena's number to tell her what happened. I was as well as fired by now.

Seven minutes later, the tow truck came and took the car. I then set out on foot to work. If I wasn't fired already, I may still get in a few hours of work. I texted Justin on the way.

"The car ran out of gas on my way to work. They towed the car to the place downtown. Sorry dude, I'll pay the bill." It was my own fault, I should pay. A little bit later, he responded.

"Don't sweat it, shit happens." I smiled a little. Justin seems to understand me pretty well. We still have our dissagreements, but for the most part we're pretty good.

So when I finally got into Starbucks, I walked up to Alena and explained what happened.

"Listen, I understand....but it's not my decision. You'll have to talk to Alex about it." I nodded and made my way behind the counter.

Four hours of work was plenty for me, just for the day of course. After we had closed, I asked Alex if we could talk.

"I assume you're going to explain why you were late today?" I nodded. "This better be good," he muttered.

"First off, I fell back asleep. Lame excuse, but usually my roomate wakes me up. Unfortuantely, he didn't have work, so he didn't ake me up in time. Then, I used his car to get here, but halfway it ran out of gas and had to be towed. Finally, I had to walk here on foot, which took longer than I wanted it to. I'm sorry I let you down, I understand if you're going to fire me." I said, a little dissapointed in myself.

"Fire you?" He laughed a little. "I wasn't going to fire you Kellin, things happen. This is strike one though, don't let it happen again." He patted my back and stood up to leave.

"Thanks," I said with a grin. He smiled back, then left the cafe. I went outside and caught up with Alena.

"Hey, is now a good time to asked about going to the bar?" She said.

"Sounds fun, seven?" She nodded. "See you there," I turned onto a new street, leaving Alena alone now.

When I got home, I watched some TV and ate chips. I'm very unhealthy sometimes. Shit, I forgot my medicine. How could I forget all about it? Vic's going to be so pissed. I got up and put the chips back, then I headed to Walgreens. I get my prescriptions there. And boy, was I lucky. I arrived a half hour before they were closing. The doctor had called in my prescription, so it wasn't very long before I got it.