Chapter Sixteen

Kellin's POV:

This was it. Today was the day. Yesterday, my brace was removed and so far I've felt amazing. Right now, Jenna was driving and we're on our way to warped tour. The gates open at eleven, but we want to get there at nine that way we can try and be first. And at the rate we're okay, we'll be there in time. I'm just super excited to see and possibly meet some of the bands.

---

Hopping out of the car with eagerness, I slammed the door shut after grabbing my bag and phone.

"Here we are Jenna!" I said excitedly.

"Let's go to the gates," she stated, so I tagged along behind her. Today was going to be fun, I wasn't going to let the past ruin it.

At the gates, no one was there and they were still setting up, so we took a seat on the curb and talked for awhile. Before we knew it, people started down the street, so we scurried into the line, being the first two. The guards took our tickets and checked our bags before giving us an okay.

Again, we waited outside the gates and when the clock hit eleven, the gates opened and we all scurried in. First stop, the billboard. Tons of bands were written down, so I marked their times and where they were going to perform.

Jenna and I managed our time well, going into the tents and finding out if there was some signings. We also met some youtubers and bought shirts. So far, everything's been fun.

Our first band on the lists's concert started, so we headed over to listen. The whole show was amazing and it was utterly mind blowing how cool it was to be so close to them. I've never been so close before.

So the day dragged on, in a good way that is, but then we hit the last band on the list. They are a little bigger, so we needed to get there earlier to be up front. Which means we'd have to cut into a band called Of Mice And Men's concert. I've never listened to them, but going through the crowd, they sounded pretty good. Especially the screaming.

Once we were decently close to the stage, I focused on the band and what I saw really took me off guard. On stage was not only a band, but a man I knew. He's 6'4 and now has short hair and tattoos. Austin Carlile, my ex boyfriend. What was he doing up there? And why was he screaming?

"Isn't that..." Jenna yelled at me. Of course it didn't sound like yelling over the noise. We were surrounded by tons of people.

"It's Austin," I stated, still kind of frozen in place. What if he saw me here? Too late.

As I was about to turn around, I heard the finale drum roll and when I turned back, there stood the even cuter Austin Carlile, looking at me. He smiled a little before thanking the crowd for coming out and then they left the stage. It wasn't long until I saw him again.

"Kellin!" I heard him yell, running up behind me. "I'm so glad you're here, can we talk?" Wow, he wanted to talk to me? I just nodded, kind of awkwardly considering we haven't faced each other for what seems like an eternity.

He grabbed my hand and Jenna's, dragging us towards what I assume was the bands bus. Once inside, he shooed Jenna away, earning himself a nasty glare from her. I just smiled awkwardly.

"It's so nice to see you...I didn't know you were coming here!" He said a little too enthusiastically.

"Yeah, uh, hi..."

"How have you been?"

"I've been okay....since when were you famous?" I blurted out. That came out way too fast.

He just chuckled and sat down, inviting me to sit as well. I obliged and sat on the end of the couch.

"I assume you have a lot of questions, and so do I...but I became famous not terrible long ago after I joined the band. You always knew how much I love to scream." I gave him a small smile.