Chapter 8: Comfort?

Chaeyoung PoV

Me and Jungkook arrived at the airport and proceeded in checking in.

"Mr and Mrs Jeon" Jungkook said to the lady

Me and him hadn't really spoken since last nights encounter. His lady friend hadn't shown up yet. I'm starting to wonder if he ever really meant it.

After we checked in we had an 1 hour till we had to board the plane so we decided to look around at the duty free shops. I do love a good sale, and a girl can never have too many clothes.

Walking around the large airport, me and Jungkook split and decided to meet when we board. I wonder if we'll ever get along with each other.

I was admiring the different shops they had when I spotted a little girl by herself crying.

I immediately rushed to her to make sure she was okay

"What's wrong sweetie? Are you okay?" I kneeled down in front of her, calming her down whilst embracing her and patting her back.

"I-I- I c-can't f-ind my dad" she cried out,

"What's his name? I can tell the airport security to find him" I then gently said.

"W-woo Dohwan" The little girl replied

"Okay, my name is Chaeyoung, I'll help you find your daddy" I said, comforting her

"O-okay, my name is Woo Somin"

"That's a very pretty name, come one let's find him" I then said reaching my hand out for her to hold

After informing security they made an announcement, thankfully with in 10 minutes Somin's father came.

"Somin-ah, you scared me to death, are you okay? Are you hurt? Don't wander off alone okay? Appa was really worried" her father said whilst wrapping his arms around her. Relief evident in his face to be reunited.

"Sorry appa, I got lost, but this lady was really kind and help me find you again" she then sweetly replied.

I smiled looking at them.

"Thank you so so much, I'm Woo Dohwan how could I ever repay this favour" he greeted me

"There's no need, I'm glad you and your daughter are have found each other again" I assured

He then smiled at me and went back to his daughter, making sure she was okay.

It was touching to see, Seeing them reminded me of my father, without warning my eyes began to water as memories of my father and I flashed.

It's been a few months, but it's still just as hard as the day I found out he passed away

It's been a few months, but it's still just as hard as the day I found out he passed away. I looked down at the ground. I've been strong my whole life, I had to be. But Dad was my rock, the one person who would genuinely care about me, the one person that I would allow myself to be vulnerable with. And now he's gone.

"Chaeyoung!" I heard a voice shout, I looked up to see an angry Jungkook.

"Where were you, I called you 4 times, we have to get ready to leave!" Jungkook shouted

"I-I'm sorry" I said looking down.

His expression softened when he noticed my tears threatening to fall.

He brought up his hand and placed them on my upper arms, Gently.

"Chaeyoung, are you okay?" He asked concered.

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Woo Dohwan, your friend here just help me find my daughter whom I had carelessly Lost

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Woo Dohwan, your friend here just help me find my daughter whom I had carelessly Lost. She's an angel. I'll be off now, we have a plane to catch. Thank you once again Chaeyoung" he said then left with Somin

I said goodbye with a faint smile.

"Is that why you didn't answer the phone?"

I nodded.

He then came closer and held my hands

"But why are you upset?" He questioned

"Seeing then reminded me of me and...." I don't finish,

But jungkook knows "your father?"

I look down at my feet trying to pull myself together. I know I'm being stupid. Why am I drawing so much attention to myself. I need to stop being selfish and get over it. But, every now and then I just can't help but feel overwhelmed, especially recently.

Unexpectedly, Jungkook pulls me towards him and gives me a tight, compassionate hug. I wrapped my arms around him without question and begin sobbing into his chest. The warmth eroding the heavy feeling that is grief.

It felt good to cry, it felt good that there was someone there comforting me, assuring me that although I feel Alone, in this moment I wasn't.

I've always struggled to depend on people, independence is what I've always strived to achieve. Partially because of how my mother treats me.

But here in Jungkook's arms, for the first time I don't want to be that Chaeyoung, I just want to be this Chaeyoung.

I knew this moment wouldn't last, but right now. I felt like maybe someone out there finally cared about me.

————————————————————————
To my loveliessss, I love you

Thanks for patiently waiting ❤️

Do you ship these 2?

I apologise for any mistakes x

What will happen next?

- Chee x