Chapter 25: Away?

*4 months later*

Jungkook PoV   

Me and Chaeyoung have moved out of Korea temporarily, she needed it, I needed it. We decided to leave everything, we joint the two businesses, and my father is currently taking care of it along with Chaeyoung's sister, Jennie.

Due to  everything that's happened we've never truly had a break from all of the drama, in fact since the wedding, it all just got tenser and tenser . And now We've been living here in Spain for the past 3 months.

Chaeyoung's better now, she putting up a brave face... honestly we both are....

Chaeyoung is still mourning over her father's murder; initially believing he was dead, then finding out he's not only to ultimately see his lifeless body. Without saying goodbye. I really do feel for her. It's a situation I wish that nobody ever has to go through.

We couldn't even have a funeral, the rest of the world already believe he was dead we can't disclose he was alive but then died again. That's a reaction I don't want to know.

I think a part of her before never really believed her father was really gone. But this time the certainty is painful. I do believe it's something that she'll have to carry, id do anything to care that weight for her instead.

Overall these past few months have been better, we've been staying in a beautiful villa by the sea, it's calm and relaxing and undeniably beautiful. Me and Chaeyoung have inevitably got closer, I love her more and more everyday.

My father checks on us every now and then. Chaeyoung's mother doesn't but her sister does.

Despite everything that's happened, we have found our time here enjoyable. She's getting recovering and so am I. I haven't told her, but I have had nights waking up from the reoccurring nightmare, almost by which I relive the scene in the warehouse, Chanyeol blames me, and before I know it I witness the light from Chaeyoung's fathers eyes to have vanished.

Chaeyoung doesn't blame me, but I can't help but blame myself. I should've saved him. And now I think that's something I too am going to have to carry my whole life.

I'm now sitting on a bench by the sea, waiting for Chaeyoung whose gone to grab some ice-cream

I gently close my eyes listening to the calming sounds of the breaking waves against the coast,