Chapter 1

Show some love! Vote & Comment! :)

Chapter 1

Bianca had always been very practical. In a world where survival was so difficult, especially when you're on your own, she had learnt how to think from her head, not her heart.

The story began when she was 18 years old. She had always wanted to have a big family, complete with grandparents and cousins. Though it had always been only her and her parents, who cherished her dearly. They meant the world to her. They were her safe heaven. However, when they died, it was like the ground had been pulled from beneath her feet. Her life had changed overnight and she was forced to step up and fend for herself.

Her little family of three used to make just enough money to have a decent lifestyle. But with her parents death, the source of income died too. The savings in their bank account was eventually exhausted and her part-time job didn't pay enough. So, she had to leave her house, along with her dream of going to college, and move to a more affordable place. Somehow, after fighting her unfortunate situation every day and shedding tears for countless nights, she secured herself a job at a restaurant. It was more than she could have asked for.

Today, at the age of 25, she has toughened up from what she had been through and learnt that thinking from her heart and making decisions emotionally only complicated life and she had enough of that. She would be damned if she let emotions rule her decisions.

But as she stared at the home pregnancy test, she could feel another storm of complication approaching her at a lightening speed. Her job at the restaurant was making it tough for her to make the two ends meet, thanks to the hike in the cost of living. In fact, she was trying very hard to pay her rent on time but failing badly. Having a baby is the last thing she needed.

No, this isn't what I need at all, she thought.

She bit her lip as she stared at the stick that confirmed her pregnancy. Un-shed tears burned the back of her eyes and blurred her vision. How the hell was she going to get past this ?

I am stupid, she thought angrily. I let a guy sweep me off my feet for one night and here I am, pregnant with a child.

She couldn't afford a baby right now. What she could do was think practically, like she always did. But a part of her wanted this child. It would be a new chapter in her life. She would have her own family again. A little one that she would give her everything to, the best shot in life that she could afford.

With the last thought her build up of happiness crumpled a little. Oh God, she whispered to herself, what was she going to do now?

She sat down on the closed toilet cover and shut her eyes.

Her thoughts traveled back to guy she had met that fateful night. She was at a night club with her friend. She remembered insisting on staying home, not because she didn't want to have fun but because she could put her limited supply of money to better use. However, Dana being the persistent friend that she is, wasn't in the mood of any excuses.

"You're coming with me and that's it! I'm paying. Now get up! You need to loosen up a bit and have some fun." She had dragged Bianca out of the bed and into a world where she felt like she could get lost. The music was loud and people were everywhere, dancing, drinking, partying and having fun like they had nothing to worry about. She felt overwhelmed by the energy that the place was pumped with. After an hour of holding herself back, she'd finally decided to let go, lost Dana in the crowd somewhere and soon after found herself leaning against the bar with a drink in her hand.

Luke Salvay had come out of nowhere. The moment she laid her eyes on him, she couldn't think past how ruggedly handsome he was. As he stood beside her at the bar, ordering a drink, she couldn't help but steal small glances at him every now and then while trying not to give away the fact that she wanted to stare at him until she'd had her fill. He was just one of those people who hold your attention without even having to talk to you.