Chapter 21

*Unedited*

In the morning Bianca woke up earlier than Luke. Actually, she had barely slept. She was always falling in and out of sleep throughout the night, thinking about the piece of paper kept just a few inches away from her in the side table's drawer. She wanted to put it away somewhere else right away but was afraid she'll make noise and wake him up.

Around 6 AM, she slipped herself out of his arms and slowly got out of bed. She opened the drawer and brought the paper out wincing when her shuffling caused Luke to move in his sleep. Then she tip-toed towards the walk-in closet that they shared and kept the paper in one of the drawer's there, locking it. She kept the keys somewhere safe and walked back to the bed and closed her eyes.

She pretended to be asleep when Luke woke up. When he got dressed and stepped out of the bedroom, she opened her eyes. After waiting for another 10 minutes, she went out of the bedroom, expecting him to have already left but she was taken by surprise when she saw him standing near the breakfast table, talking to Jenna.

When they saw Bianca, Jenna greeted her and went back to her work and Luke kissed her good morning.

"What's going on? I thought you must have already left for work." Bianca asked casually.

"Yeah. I'm running a little late today." He grabbed a bite of his sandwich and tapped a few keys on his laptop that was placed beside the plate. "Shoot! I forgot my watch in the bedroom. Be right back." He said before walking away..

As much as Bianca wanted to follow him and make sure he doesn't find the agreement, she knew it'll look a little suspicious if she hovered. So she forced herself to stay calm and hope that he wouldn't find it.

Luke had just made forgetting his watch an excuse to go back to the room. He was late for work on purpose. He was waiting for Bianca to wake up so that he could have a chance to read those papers he'd seen last night.

He shuffled through that drawer's contents, but he didn't find anything related to an agreement. Was he mistaken? But he could swear he'd seen something last night, he thought. Maybe it was nothing, he told himself. Though his gut feeling was telling him a different story.

He grabbed his watch from the dressing table and stepped out of the room with his worry and suspicion masked. He could have easily asked her about it, but he knew he wouldn't be getting any straight answers if she was hiding something.

So he left home, still deep in thought as his chauffeur drove him to work.

In the meanwhile, Bianca went back to the bedroom to find agreement still in tact in her closet but when she opened her beside table's drawer, she found things a little shuffled around even though Luke had tried to put everything back in its place.

It strengthened her suspicion. Luke had gotten a glimpse of the agreement and had tried to find it. If he was really suspicious, there was a possibility that he'll call the doctor, she predicted. So she dialed her doctor's number and requested him not to disclose any information about her pregnancy complications if Luke called. The doctor wasn't too happy about it but agreed reluctantly.

When Luke reached his office, the first thing he did was call the doctor, just like Bianca thought he would. But because of the call she had made, the doctor told him that everything was alright with Bianca's pregnancy. Luke asked him if she had signed any agreement, the doctor refused.

Luke hung up, still deep in thoughts. Something wasn't right, he thought. His eyes wouldn't deceive him. He knew what he had seen last night. Either he was highly mistaken, or something important was being hidden from him.

A knock on his door drew him out of his thoughts. He sat up straight in his chair and permitted the person to come in. One of his business associates walked in.