Chapter 23

This story's new book cover is made by Human_world! Thanks, love :)

This chapter contains R-rated content. If you don't wish to read it, simply skip the part between the astrick signs!

*Unedited*

After about an hour the doctor was finally ready to answer their questions. When they saw him walking towards them, Ethan, who was sitting beside Bianca, immediately stood up.

"Doctor?" He questioned worriedly.

Bianca sat there looking at the doctor. A part of her wanted to listen to what he had to say but the other wanted to run away scared.

Please let him be okay, she prayed just as he started to speak.

"Are you family?" The doctor asked first.

Ethan nodded. "I'm his brother, she's his wife." He said, pointing in Bianca's direction.

The doctor looked at her and then looked back at Ethan. "The patient was shot in the chest but we've managed to stabilize him. He is going through trauma because of the shock and the pain but he's lucky that the bullet didn't do any serious damage."

"He's alright then, right?" Bianca got up and stood beside Ethan.

"He's unconscious right now. But he'll be fine, yes." The doctor said, smiling.

She let out a breath that she didn't even know she was holding. Everything was going to be alright, she thought as she felt her heart feel lighter with relief.

Ethan shook hands with the doctor and thanked him just before his phone started ringing. Bianca sat down on one of the chairs, suddenly feeling exhausted.

"What?" Ethan's voice drew her attention to him. "Fine. Get a couple of guards stationed here. Yes, he will be fine." He said before hanging up.

When he turned round, he noticed the tiredness on Bianca's face.

"What happened?" She asked, referring to the phone call.

"This...incident has caught media's attention. They are starting to gather outside. I made security arrangements so that we aren't bothered." Ethan informed. "I think you should go back home and get some rest. Luke is going to be fine."

Bianca shook her head. "I'm alright. I want to be here when he wakes up."

"You know better, but I still think you need some rest." Ethan shrugged and took a seat beside her.

"No. In fact, you can go if you want. I'll stay here and let you know when he wakes up." Bianca offered.

"Nah. I'm used to pulling an all-nighter." He winked. "I'm just glad he's okay." He said seriously.

"Yeah. Me too." She replied.

"I should go call mom. She'll freak out if she finds out about this through media." Ethan said and walked away to make the call.

A few hours later they were allowed to see him. Bianca's eyes had been feeling dry and she was trying to blink the sleep away. However, as soon as they were told that they could see Luke, her tiredness was forgotten.

She stood up immediately and followed the nurse to the room where he was. Ethan was right behind her, eager to see how his brother was doing.

Her eyes immediately went to Luke, who was lying on the bed with his eyes closed. She slowly walked closer to him.

"Luke?" She called out softly and placed a hand over his.

His head turned in her direction slightly before his eyes opened. But his eyelids felt so heavy that he closed them immediately.