Chapter 14

*Unedited*

The lawyer entered Ethan's office and closed the door behind him.

"Have a seat." Ethan was sitting on his chair, leaning on the backrest as he gestured Mr. Hyde to take a seat.

"You said on the phone that you wished to discuss a very urgent matter with me about the prenuptial papers Mr. Luke Salvay had asked me to prepare?" Mr. Hyde took the seat as he asked the question.

"Indeed. Can I have a look at them?" Ethan extended his hand to have the papers given to him.

Mr. Hyde hesitated. "I do have the papers with me." He said carefully. "But Mr. Salvay never signed them. So, I'm afraid they are of no use."

"They are of use to me." Ethan urged him to hand the papers. When he was given the papers, he closely examined them, reading certain parts. "Now, Mr. Hyde, as a matter of fact, the prenuptial papers are of no use since my brother is married already."

"That's correct." He nodded. "But if you knew this, why did you ask me to come here?"

"Because, I am aware of something called a postnuptial contract. I want you to prepare those papers by tomorrow." He ordered.

"Oh." Mr. Hyde looked at him in confusion. "Mr. Salvay never mentioned a postnuptial contract. I must meet with him to discuss this."

"Mr. Hyde, I'm here to talk about the contract on Luke's behalf. We can discuss the details right now." Ethan looked confident.

Mr. Hyde was aware that both the brothers are very close to each other and on a few occasions, Ethan Salvay had indeed represented Luke while making legal decisions. But still, he wasn't certain.

Ethan noticed his hesitation. "I can call Luke right now and let him know that the reason why I'm bothering him is because you refuse to take my word for it," he threatened, then added, "it's not like we're making any decisions today. We're simply drafting an agreement."

Not seeing any problem with that logic, Mr. Hyde nodded.

_______

The next day Bianca woke up with Luke beside her. She had decided to change her room and shift to Luke's instead. It made sense to do so, now that they were married.

It was 6 AM. He was still asleep but she knew that he would be waking up anytime now because he'd told her that he had a meeting at 8.

Pushing the covers aside, she got out of bed and reminded herself to move her all her stuff from her previous room to theirs.

Since her stuff was still in the other room, she went there to brush her teeth and freshen up. Afterwards, walking to the kitchen, she saw Luke stepping out of their bedroom. He had that sleepy look on his face and his hair were ruffled.

"Mornin'" He mumbled, his eyes half closed.

She bit her lip to keep from smiling. "Good morning. Sleep well?"

He merely nodded, following her to the kitchen. When they entered it, he just stood there, looking clueless.

"Do you need something?" She asked.

"I need some coffee" He replied.

She shook her head at him, smiling a little. "Go. I'll make it for you."

He looked relieved for not having to deal with the kitchen, even if it was to make a cup of coffee, and went off for a shower.

Half an hour later they were on the breakfast table with the news playing in the background. Bianca noticed that there was no news about them. Funny how his interview yesterday was enough to shut them up. They must have realized that there was no scandal here, no news for them to sell. Their attention was now on a Malaysian aircraft that had crashed.