Chapter 8

*Unedited*

"Luke?"

"Luke?" She whisper yelled, shaking his shoulders.

"Hmm..." He grunted, turning over to the other side.

Bianca frowned and walked to the other side of the bed. She climbed on and shook him again.

"Luke, please. Wake up." This time she didn't even get a grunt. He was fast asleep.

"Fine, I'll go by myself." No reaction.

"I'm going!" She was no longer whispering.

A hand shot out to catch hold of her wrist just as she was about to get off his bed.

"Where are you going?" He mumbled sleepily.

"I'm craving ice cream." She bit her lip when she said it. It sounded childish but she couldn't think of anything else.

"What? Now?" His voice mirrored his surprise. He checked his watch. It was 3 AM. "There must be some in the fridge."

"There's none! Why else do you think I'll wake you up? To join me for an early morning ice cream party?!" She exclaimed in an annoyed voice.

He sighed loudly and dragged himself to sit up straight and turned a night lamp on. It put his shirtless chest on a hot display.

"What do you want me to do?" He was trying to blink the sleep away as he looked at her.

"We have to go get some ice cream." She said, her eyes lighting up at the very thought.

He sighed. "Bianca, it's 3 AM. We can get some tomorrow." He went to turn the light off but she stopped him immediately by placing a hand on his bare muscular shoulder.

"I'm craving ice cream right now. What will I do with it in the morning when I'm no longer craving it!" Her frustration was evident. He gave her a blank look. "Luke! This is what happens when you're pregnant! I've been tossing and turning in my bed for an hour now because right now all I can think of is chocolate ice cream, do you understand?!"

"Okay, Okay! Fine. I'll put a shirt on, grab the car keys and get the car out!" He exclaimed, his frustration mirroring her's but for a different reason. He was so sleepy damn it!

"Now you're talking!" She said happily.

"But will you please tell me where will we find an ice-cream parlour that's open at 3 in the morning?" He folded his hands on his chest to emphazise his point.

"Aren't you the mighty richie rich?" She said sarcastically.

He frowned because he didn't know what point she was trying to make by saying that.

"Then I'm sure you'll find something. Now let's go! Our baby wants ice-cream!" She dragged him out of the bed while all the time his face gave 'you-can't-be-serious' and 'this-is-ridiculous' kind of looks.

5 minutes later they were out on the streets of New York. This city never slept but for some reason all the ice-cream parlour owners were sleeping because they couldn't find a single one that was open!

"We'll find something on the 42nd street." She urged.

"Bianca, Bianca" He complained but drove there anywhere.

After 15 minutes she had chocolate ice-cream in her mouth to shut her and her craving up. He watched her as she opened the pint of chocolate ice-cream that she had brought even before he could start the car to drive back home.

She was half way through it by the time they were home. His hands were clenched around the driving wheel tightly because of the noises coming from her mouth as she relished the taste of ice-cream. She moaned every now and then as if this was the ultimate luxuary a human could ever have.