Chapter 7

*Unedited*

The next morning, Bianca woke up with the sound of a vacuum cleaner from somewhere in the house. She checked her phone and sat up straight when she learnt that it was 10:15 AM. She didn't remember the last time she'd woken up that late.

There was a message from Luke as well. It read- "I'm at work. See you at night. Feel free to step out. There's a car at your disposal downstairs." He'd sent it around 8 AM which meant he must have woken up quite early despite sleeping late.

After reading that message and checking her emails, she turned to her side, yawned and stretched. Then her eyes fell on the pair of slippers that were too big for her feet which were placed nearby. She smiled a little as she realized that Luke must have left them there to make sure she didn't hurt her feet with the broken pieces of glass if she decided to go to the kitchen for anything in the middle of the night.

She put them on, went to the bathroom to splash some water on her face and stepped out of her room to see where the noise was coming from. There was a lady in the living room cleaning the carpet. She must have sensed someone's presence behind her because she turned around and smiled slightly at her before going back to work. Bianca wanted to return her smile but she'd turned around too quickly. Oh well, she thought, turning and walking towards the kitchen.

As soon as she entered she noticed that the floor was cleaned up, but she still wore Luke's big slippers anyway. You never know. Then, she opened the fridge to find herself something to eat.

"What do I want to have?" She asked herself. "Any preferences?" She raised an eyebrow and looked down at her stomach.

The truth was, she was a very bad cook. Her culinary skills were hands down ridiculous.

"Would you like me to cook you something?" She turned around to find the lady who'd been cleaning earlier, enter the kitchen.

"Uh..." She didn't want to ask her to cook for her. It was something so basic that she should be doing by herself.

"Oh come on! Tell me anything you feel like having. It'll be cooked like that." She said and snapped her fingers.

"Umm... would scrambled eggs be too much of a job?" She winced and smiled slightly.

The lady chuckled and shook her head in denial. "Not at all!"

Bianca beamed at her and gave her a thumbs up. She helped her in the kitchen despite of her saying that it was her job and Bianca didn't need to help her.

They got talking like they knew each other since forever. She learnt that her name was Jenna and that she was 45 years old.

"You know what Mr. Salvay does? He stands in front of the fridge for what seems like hours, tries to figure out what to eat and then eventually shuts it without eating anything. He'll then complain about the lack of food to eat. But when I bring out food for him from this very fridge, he swears that it wasn't there when he checked or he would have noticed."

Bianca gave a small chuckle, imagining Luke doing so. "That must be a funny sight. What else does he do?" She suddenly wanted to know everything about him. The things he liked or disliked. His daily routine. His habits.

"Oh! He has a habit of losing socks. There is always one sock from a pair and the other one goes god knows where!" Bianca laughed upon hearing that. It was such a silly thing, and the way Jenna had said it made it even funnier.

"And he is addicted...and I mean addicted to American football. That's all he watches apart from some news channels. And he wears black almost all the time. I've suggested him to wear other colors but he just won't listen." Jenna's list of things about Luke when on and on.