Chapter 18

*Unedited*

Three days later

Rosabella reached New York at 4 in the afternoon. Since, Luke was busy in a meeting until 5PM, Bianca went with the chauffeur to receive her from the airport.

"How are you?" Rosabella asked once she got in the car.

"I'm great, Rosabella. How was your flight?"

She sighed. "Long and tiring....I'm just glad I'm on the ground again."

"I know. While on our honeymoon, Luke and I did a lot of flying as well. It's quite taxing..."

They chatted for a little while as Rosabella's bags were loaded in the trunk of the car. Around 10 minutes later they started towards the house.

After they reached home, Bianca helped her put her bags in her room. Both the ladies then walked back to the living room and got comfortable on the breakfast table with a cup of coffee in their hands.

"Can I ask you something?" Rosabella questioned.

"Of course."

"What happened between Luke and Ethan? I know they both aren't on good terms with each other. Do you know anything about it?"

Bianca put her cup down on the table and stared at it before raising her head and sighing. "It is because of me." She explained the whole situation to Rosabella. She told her than Ethan didn't trust her and sent her the postnuptial papers to secure his brother's wealth and create misunderstandings between them.

Rosabella's expressions went from that of confusion to disbelief to apologetic in a matter of seconds. "Bianca...you're not at fault. If it makes any difference, I apologize for what he did. Maybe he did this because when Ethan married, he never bothered securing his wealth. Because of this reason, the divorce settlement put us under a very tight financial position. I am in no way trying to defend my son. What he did was wrong and Luke might never forgive him for this. But for me, both are my children...it just hurts to watch them turn their backs on each other."

"I understand." Bianca said while nodding slightly. "That's why I've kept away something from Luke. I don't know if he has put two and two together yet. But...." Bianca told her about the article that appeared in the newspapers about their 'scandalous marriage' and the Aspen nightclub episode. She told her that Ethan was behind those too.

Rosabella looked away, shaking her head. "I will talk to him." She said. "But you should tell Luke about this."

"No. They are already not in talking terms with each other. If Luke knows about this, their relationship will truly be in jeopardy."

Her mother-in-law smiled at her sadly. "You've just become a part of this family yet you wish to keep it strong. There could have been no one better for my son than you and I mean that from my heart." She placed her hand over Bianca's and smiled.

Bianca smiled back her and said her thanks, her voice thick with emotion.

"Well, I better go take a nap. I feel quite tired."

Bianca agreed and watched as Rosabella stood up from the chair and walked away towards her room.

Bianca passed her time by watching her favorite, the Criminal Minds.

About an hour later, her phone started ringing. She got it out from her back pocket without taking her eyes off the TV screen and glanced at the caller ID briefly. But when she watched it flash her doctor's name, she sat up straight.

She muted the TV and answered it immediately.

"Doctor?" She questioned, feeling her nerves get worked up again.