Chapter 3

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

As the sun continued its journey from east to west it threw it's golden rays onto,not my face this time,but onto my window which ended up reflecting upon my face!!! Seems like the sun had its own plan of ruining my well appreciated sleep.

I was really annoyed. I mean come on? Who wouldn't be? The only time I get to get a bit of extra sleep is disrupted. There was no use of going back to sleep, which most probably would have been disturbed by one thing or another.

I looked to my side to see Candyfloss so sound asleep. I wish I was in his position right now. Trying not to awaken Candyfloss,I slowly sat up on my bed.I stretched my arms widely and yawned like a grisly bear that has just awoken from hibernation.

Thumpp..... My but ended up kissing the floor from my sudden fright of seeing myself in the mirror. My hair was a huge mess. I giggled softly once I realised it was just me and my bed hair. I have the most worst bed hair ever.

I got up from the floor and sat in front of the mirror. Seems like it's gonna take an eternity getting my hair done today. I look like a troll. Making my way to the bathroom I sigh softly and jump into the shower.

Once I was done I threw on a pair of comfortable black jeans, a white T-shirt that says " I'm sweet like Candyfloss" and has a huge candyfloss picture in the background, some light make-up and a soft pink and black hijaab to go with my jeans and candyfloss picture.

I run down to make some light breakfast of toast and coffee. Meow...."Come here kitty", I call my kitten. He slowly drags himself in the kitchen and then throws himself flat on the floor. This kitten is the laziest. He definitely took after me. I stroke his fur and put some food and milk in front of him. He is quick up on his feet once he realises it's his favorite cat food and milk. He prefers milk over water.

I settle down on the table and start my breakfast as well. Once he sees I'm eating as well he pushes his bowl of food and milk by my feet so that he can eat by me. He always does that and I think it's the sweetest thing.

Before I could take my first bite, a knock was heard. At first I ignored it thinking that who could it be so early in the morning ? I remind myself that it's already 10:00 and anyone could be up by now. I peep through the peep hole and smile once I recognized the person. "Aunty Khadijah, As salamu alaikum", I great politely and let her in. From behind her legs out jump Ebrahim and Ali. Both of them grin suspiciously before I could greet them. " What's up?" , I ask still eyeing them both. They both grin wider and then head towards me with full speed, jumping up on me and pulling me down on the ground.

"Stop" , "Please stop" , I beg them in between giggles . They started ticking me once I was on the ground. I couldn't stop laughing. Soon Candyfloss joined them too and jumped landing right on top of me.

I somehow managed to grab them all and then I started tickling their little bellies. They couldn't stop laughing and I couldn't stop tickling them.

"What's all this commotion about?" Uncle Umar burst through the doors. We all started laughing even more once we saw his confused and worried face. "What??", Uncle Umar asked confused. After a while we all stopped laughing and his wife told him what happened. He ended up laughing too which made us all burst in guffaws.

Once we all calmed down I offered them some breakfast but they denied since they already had breakfast before they came. Aunty Khadijah then invited me over for lunch saying that I should focus more on my studies and spend less time cooking. They are always concerned about me.

I agree since I knew better than to say no to Aunty Khadijah and Uncle Umar. They both smiled in satisfaction. The two little ones are always delighted when me and Candyfloss come over. The three of them, that is Ebrahim,Ali and Candyfloss , end up playing together and making mischief. When they get together they always love pranking us. I love it!!

Aunty Khadijah and her husband left while her kids stayed busy playing with Candyfloss. I smiled at them and then went over to clean up the table and wash the dishes. I wanted to go help Aunty Khadijah with the food so I quickly done the dishes and my bed.

"Come on guys, lets go", I told them and carried Ali. We went out and I locked the door behind me. There is a little gate in between mine and Uncle Umar's garden. So I pushed it open and we arrived straight into their garden. I knocked on the door and waited for it to be opened. Aunty Khadijah opened the door and smiled," You're early?". I told her I wanted to help her with the food but she just giggled lightly. I was confused at her reaction until I entered the kitchen. There, in the midst of it all, was Uncle Umar busy preparing lunch. He grinned at me widely when he realized I was there.

Aunty Khadijah explained that her husband said that he is doing the cooking today and she must just relax. "Aww, that's so cute", was my reaction. They are the cutest couple I have ever seen. Uncle Umar always helps around when ever he can and he always cooks on weekends. He believes that his wife needs a break in the weekends since she cooks every other day because he is at work. He is really a sweet husband.

Aunty Khadijah use to work but once the kids arrived she decided it was best she stays at home. I offered to help anyway but Uncle Umar refused. " You need the break as well my dear" , he grinned. I smiled shyly and continued playing with the kids,Candyfloss and talking to Aunty Khadijah.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!

Please do vote,comment,share and follow!

Keep Smiling
♥️♥️♥️