Chapter 22

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

"Aggh! I'm only turning 24 soon and they want me to get married. I'm still young!" I was waiting in my room with Asmaa. "Oof, shut up ya old hag, I say it's about time you get married!!", Asmaa remarked. "Well then, when the hell are you gonna get married huh?!? You the same age as me and you are turning 24 before me!!". Asmaa blushed at my response. Ooh, she's definitely whipped!!! "Asmeer....you blushing hard ya know!",I continued teasing her to get my mind off the fact that some idiot and his family is downstairs with a proposal! But, unfortunately that ended real soon because even before Asmaa had time to think of a response, Aunty Khadijah and Aunty Aaminah came to call me downstairs. Oof here goes!

*****

I felt like ripping those gorgeous gray eyes off him. How dare he come propose to me?!? As soon as we, yeah I dragged Asmaa along, saw who it was, we gave each other a look. How the hell did he even ask for me?! No one knows about my family, so how the hell did he know to go ask Uncle Umar. I wanna get Ameer to beat him up already. First he gawks at me during our last year of university now he has the audacity to come propose to me. I ain't agreeing just because of his gorgeous gray eyes!

Conversation flowed between everyone in the lounge. Uncle Umar had explained how Huzaifah asked Uncle Umar if he knew my father cause he wanted to propose. Apparently he saw where I lived one day while he was going to the masjid near us. Uncle Umar and Uncle Adam asked about his religions side, like salaah and etc , his personality, education...the works!

"Umaira habibty is there anything you want to ask Huzaifah", Aunty Aaminah asked me. Yeah, why he freaks me out?!? But obviously I didn't ask him. "No, Jazakallah Khair Aunty", I refused politely. "Are you sure dear?", now it was Huzaifah's mother who asked. My response remained the same.

****

It was a lazy Saturday morning. Candyfloss cuddled closer to my chest as I stroked his fur. "What should I do, my fluffy Candyfloss?", I whispered into his ear. He looked into my eyes and just meowed. " Yeah, you right. I should read istikhaarah.", I patted his head.

After breakfast I was invited for lunch and supper by my awesome neighbors. I squished chubby Ali and Ebrahim as we greeted each other. "Ameer??! Umar and Lukmaan?!?". I'm confused. "Well Wa alaikumusalaam to you too , potato!", Ameer greeted. "I decided to invite Ameer for lunch so we can get to know him better and his friends Umar and Lukmaan", Uncle Umar answered my confusion. Seems like Asmaa and her parents were invited  too.  I greeted the rest and went to play lego with the lil cuties. Candyfloss joined too. Soon Asmaa, Ameer, or should I say Asmeer, Umar and Lukmaan joined us too.

I was soo into building with lego, I didn't notice Candyfloss creeping up on me. Once I noticed , I saw he had his one paw was up and he was creeping up slowly. It only means one thing!! He has a freakin' insect on his paw to chase me with. I abruptly stood up and ran behind Asmaa, screaming like an idiot. "Candyfloss you better throw that insect out or else imma chuck you out!", I warned him while panicking. He run towards me, trying to chase me with it. I run screaming at him. They all watched amused, especially Umar. Oof , I'm making an idiot of myself. Candyfloss was almost near me when that thing flew. IT'S A FREAKIN' DAMN MOTH!!!! "Throw it out! Someone please throw it out!", I continued screening and running. The adults couldn't hear us. Once that horrifying creature sat on a wall, Umar made eye contact with me,  gently covered the moth with his bare  hands , lifted the insect up and once again gently left it on the backyard porch. He shut the door , made eye contact again, muttered an "astagfirullah" and......he burst out laughing. Soon the others joined him while I , with a sulk, frowned and looked at Candyfloss. "Bad kitty, you naughty kitten! How many times have I told you not to chase me with insects I'm terrified of!", I scolded him once their laughter died. Candyfloss meowed indicating he was sorry, but he always does it! "So you afraid of moths?", Umar asked while picking up Candyfloss and petting him, to make him stop meowing. "I'm terrified of moths, butterflies and some other horrifying insects." , I answered shyly. "And lemme guess, you love kittens?", he chuckled softly. "Yes, but this naughty kitten is gonna give me a heart attack one day!", I directed my words at Candyfloss. He meowed and made his way to my legs, wrapping his little paws around my leg as if he was sitting on my foot. He continued rubbing his head against me until I picked him up and stroked his fur. "I love ya too ,naughty Candyfloss kitty!", I kissed his fluffy head.

******

We all were done eating lunch and were just chilling outside including the adults. I keep saying adults as if I'm not one. I kept freaking out if butterflies kept passing by. I either ran to Asmaa, her mother or Aunty Khadijah. Candyfloss kept chasing them. "Whose gonna keep "protecting" you from insects, huh?!?", Asmaa teased me. "My lil fluffy Candyfloss over here!", I patted his head proudly. "I thought you were gonna say your gorgeous gray eyed husband!", Asmaa joked. "Gray eyed husband?!", Ameer asked confused. "Amm... Well Huzaifah proposed to me yesterday", I answered him. "That creepy dude that keeps gawking at ya, that I wanna beat up!?", he questioned. "Yeah.." , I sighed. Uncle Umar looked at me, "Do you guys know him, you didn't tell me Umaira?"

 Uncle Umar looked at me, "Do you guys know him, you didn't tell me Umaira?"

Jazakallah Khair/ Thanks for reading!

Do check out my other book

Please do vote🌟, comment, share and follow!

Keep Smiling
♥️♥️♥️