Chapter 21

Maybe this was the day I had least paid Maybe this was the day I had least paid attention in class. I was still with my thoughts concentrated on Benjamin's lips on mine. I wrote his name next to mine in the notebook at least ten times; I closed it and put it in my backpack as soon as the intermission bell ringing. I got up from my seat, and I came across Benjamin holding out his hand for me to hold.

"Ben, do not embarrass me, this is not the place," I said in a lower tone. He shrugged, and we continued together for the break, hand in hand. We met with Carla in the hallway; she gave me a mischievous smile like a curious child. I walked behind Ben, and Carla came to my side. We did not want Ben to read our lips.

"Was it good?" Carla asked softly, and with her hand hiding her mouth. The noise in the hallway favored our secret conversation. I nodded. "Does he kiss well?"

"I liked, but there's no way I could know," I did number 1 for her, trying to remind her that Ben was the first guy I'd ever kissed, but something told me that he would be the one who stuck his mark in my heart.

Ben had managed to be served first in the canteen. Carla and I still were whispering about the kiss when he approached. He pretended a cough and spread the snack to us.

"How much subject, eh?" Ben said with a smile from those who knew he was the subject.

"Bought right?" Carla said taking the bag from Ben's hand. Along with the bag, he also handed the money to Carla and then mine.

"We do not need you to pay for our snack," Carla and I speak simultaneously.

"You do not have to throw stones at me; I just wanted to be nice. If you do not want, I want," Ben said pretending he would take the snack from our hands.

"We can accept for today," I blinked at Carla.

"All right, penny-pincher boyfriend is not cool. One more point for you, Benjamin," Carla gave a compliment.

"I'm sure I will win more. Your friend is a lucky girl to have a guy like me as her boyfriend," Carla rolled her eyes at Benjamin's modesty. The same pulled me by the waist, placed a kiss on my belly on the shirt of the school uniform. "I'm luckier," He told me looking up, making me stare at him.

"Ben, people are watching," I held him lightly on his shoulders and pulled away from him.

"I think I'm the third wheel," Carla said making mention that she would get up and leave.

"There's too much light, why we would want a candle?"

"Ben!" I hit him the arm. "Carla, you're never going to be the third wheel."

"All right, maybe the light will come to an end."

"Sunlight, Ben?" Carla said smiling. "I think it's too early for that."

I knew the fight would only end when Carla said the last word. I ate my cake while savoring the soda.

"I was thinking," Ben said after a few minutes in silence.

"You think?" Carla snapped. Ben ignored her.

"Me and you," Ben caught me with his gaze. "We could go out tonight."

"I'm grounded," I tried to remind him.

"You're grounded for not going out with me, but you can go out with Carla. She could go to your house and get you," Now I can understand why he did not retaliate with Carla's little-barbed. "Would you do that, Carla, my dear?" Carla was thoughtful. "I can convince Fernando to go," Ben completed.