Chapter 2

Chapter 2- 

By 10pm, my mum's dress design was coming along but I felt like the sketch was missing something. I looked around and saw the candles dying down, not giving me enough light to work on the sketch. I groaned but grabbed my pencil and sketch book, deciding to add a few extras to the other dress I got. I walked up the stairs and headed out the shop, locking it just in case and making my way through the dark street till I find some sort of light that I can work with. I felt tired and it was cold but I didn't't care. As I walked down the abandoned streets, I started to think. What would my life be like if I left this village? Probably worse then it is now. I heard the faint sounds of hooves galloping down the brickwork and laughter and they were getting closer. I just ignored them and carried on walking when I heard the hooves and laughter right behind me but before I could move out the way, I was knocked to the floor hard. Sending my sketch book flying and I groaned in pain. But I didn't't stay on the floor to long and quickly stood up. "Oh terribly sorry man! We didn't see you!" I heard a Irish accent say to me. I turned to look at the people on the horses, when I froze. There was Niall Horan, the Prince's trusted Knight and next to him was the Prince himself. I turned my gaze down and picked up my sketch book. "Don't worry about it." I stated and began to walk away with my head down.

"What are you doing out in the streets at this time of night?" I heard the second voice, also known as Prince Louis voice. "I am looking for light to finish my sketch on the two dresses, with one needing to be done by tomorrow morning your highness." I explained, turning around but keeping my gaze to the floor. "You're that tailor boy?" Niall asked and I nodded, keeping my head down. "Why are you working at this time of night?" He asked and I sighed. "I have a dress that needs to be done by tomorrow morning, like I explained sir, and I can't sleep until it is done but it needs extras." I explained, pointing to the book in my hand and looking up at them for the first time. The Prince was staring at me and it made me feel uncomfortable. "Then don't you have lights at the shop?" Niall asked again but I sighed. "My step father has explained that if I am in the shop at night, the candles in the basement is the only light I am allowed." I said. "Are you his slave or something?" Niall asked laughing and I looked down again, not answering. "Please excuse me your highness, sir." I said and quickly walked down the street away from them. I soon came to the clearing I was looking for, where the moon shone rather brightly, enough light for me to see the sketches. 

I sat down on the grass and began work on the two dresses, adding small things, but enough to make the dresses better. "Mind if I join you?" I froze at the voice. It can't be him... Could it? I looked up to see the Prince standing there in all his pride and glory on his horse. "Uh..." I began as he jumped off the horse. "Don't worry, I am not going to bite and I sent Niall back to the castle." He said sitting down next to me, but thankfully not to close. "Sorry... I just... Uh... Why would you want to sit with me?" I asked and he laughed. "What? Are you some serial killer, waiting to pounce when I am not looking?" He asked and I smiled. "No... But you don't know that." I said and he laughed. "Well you seem nice." He said and I blushed, thankfully it was dark to see."Can you see in the moonlight? "Louis asked and I nodded, continuing with what I was doing. "I am guessing your guys are swarming with people to get dresses and suits ready for the ball." The Prince said."Yes your highness, unfortunately I get a lot of these days were I am working late into the evening." I said and he frowned. "How so?" He asked. "Well between Eleanor and I, I do all the dress making while she just takes measurements... Sometimes. Mostly its just me though." I said and placed the last few lines on the sketch. "Can I see it?" The Prince asked, pointing to the book. "Uh... Sure." I said handing it to him and he smiled looking down at the sketches. He paged through the book as I kept my head down. "These are amazing..." He said softly and I smiled. "They are just ruff sketches... Nothing perfect." I said and his eyes widened. "Ruff sketches? I can't even draw stick figures properly!" He exclaimed and I chuckled. 

"I should be getting back to the shop, your highness. It was a pleasure to meet you" I said and he smiled. "Well how about I give you a lift?" He asked and I smiled but declined. "I am fine thank you your highness" I said. "Okay first, my name is Louis and second, you honestly don't have a choice." He said getting on his horse before grabbing my arm and hoisting me up onto the back of the horse. "Uh..." I was about to ask but he just told me to hold on and the horse leaped into the air before galloping off, of course me almost falling off the back of the horse. I wrapped my arms around Louis waist just in case and he didn't seem to mind. "You don't mind taking the longer way? I don't feel like waking the villagers up from the ruckus of galloping across the brick work." He said over his shoulder."I don't mind." He said and smiled, edging the horse to go faster, making me tighten my grip slightly. After a while, we came to a stop outside the tailor shop and I sighed, not wanting to go in there. I jumped off the horse and smiled at Louis. "Thank you so much... Louis" I said and he grinned. "Pleasure! I just hope this won't be the last time I see you..." He paused realizing I never told him my name. "Harry." I said and he smiled. "Well this won't be the last time you see me Harry! Remember that." He said and I laughed. "Who knows, once you find your maiden you will forget about me for sure." I said with a smile. "Its not possible to forget you!" He said and I laughed. "We will see. Goodnight sir." I said but he glared at me. "Good night Louis." I said and he smiled. "Sir or your highness makes me feel old! Night Harry!" He said and galloped off.

I walked back down to the basement, smiling to myself. The prince is not as bad as I thought. Who would ever imagine that the poor gay tailor boy could randomly meet the Prince and actually have a normal conversation with the guy! He even said it won't be the last time I see him, but I don't know how true that is but we will wait and see. I quickly went back to my mum's dress, adding the smaller detail to it and I smiled as it began to look like a proper dress. Looking at the time it was around 3am. I was lost in thought, thinking about what happened earlier. Why was the Prince nice to me? Did he really care or did he just feel sorry for me? It was so confusing because I never got the answers I wanted. Strangest part though, he was the 3rd person to actually be nice to me, apart from Eleanor but she is my best friend so she has no choice but to be nice to me. I sighed as I relaxed into the hard chair and I looked over the design of the dress I just finished. I smacked my forehead against the table, getting frustrated with just the thought of making another dress along with the hundred more that will sure be coming in soon because the ball was getting closer and they can't expect me to finish all the dresses for them in a certain time? Or can they? Just make the poor gay boy work harder and longer till he finally cracks?! I rubbed my temples as a headache formed and I sighed. I thought of what Eleanor said. Going to the ball... It would never happen for me but who says it can't for Eleanor. I took my sketch book and began to think of the perfect dress for her. By 5am, I was so tired that I rested my head on the table and closed my eyes, just for a little while...