Chapter 25

By the way before you read, for all the americans who have no idea what dressing "smart" is, it means to dress nicely. 

Ok thats it! 

~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 25- 

Its been the most stressful week of my entire life. We have not had a minute to ourselves as the wedding preparations were in full swing. As for me, I have spent the whole week having "King Lessons" as Louis likes to say. Mark has been telling me everything and anything about how to be a great king and its not as easy as you think. There is a way to walk, talk, eat, sleep, and I lost count on everything else. When I walk, I have to stand up straight and walk with as much grace as I can muster up. You can sort of imagine how that has been for me, as I am the most clumsiest person to like walk this earth. Everything has been so stressful to me and the King duties that I will be encountering scares me too. "Harry!" I turned around in my seat to see Louis there and I smiled. "Louis, we are busy!" Mark said but Louis just smiled and rolled his eyes. "Dad, Harry needs to try his suit on. You have had him all week, I want to have some time with him." Louis said and I watched as Mark stared at him before sighing. "Alright, but you have one more lesson to learn tonight at the dinner table. So NO skipping dinner." Mark said and I grinned standing up and running to Louis, picking him and spinning him around. He laughed and screamed as I threw him over my shoulder and ran down the hallway. 

 "Harry!! Put me down!!" Louis whined and laughed as I entered the tailor room. I chuckled and placed him gently on the couch before pecking his lips. "Thank you for saving me." I said and he smiled kissing me once again. "Right, go put your suit on!" He said and I rolled my eyes as I stood up straight. "I never realized just how much work a king does. I mean just trying to remember the basics are bad enough." I said as I went to the changing room. "You will get used to it. Its not as bad as you think." Louis said as I slipped my trousers on. "I always wondered why you were like the most graceful and sophisticated person around... Now I understand." I said and I heard him laughing. "Some big words there Mr. Styles! My dad has taught you well and also destroyed you!" He said and I laughed slipping my jacket on. The suit consisted of black dress pants, black jacket, red waist coat and black tie, of course with the dress shoes. "I am going to have to shorten the sleeves on the jacket." I said stepping out of the change room and looking in the mirror. Louis walked up behind and smiled, handing me a needle and thread. I smiled as I shortened the sleeves while Louis wrapped his arms around my waist. "I can't wait to finally call you mine." He whispered in m ear and I smiled, turning around in his arms and smiling. "I have always been yours Lou." I whispered and he smiled. "You don't need me to marry you to be able to call me yours." I said pulling him closer to me. 

 "Yeah but now there is no way anyone can steal you from me." He said and I smiled. "No one could ever do that." I said and kissed him lightly. "You look rather good in that suit..." Louis said looking me up and down. "But I bet it will look even better in a pile on the floor..." He began and I chuckled pulling away from him. "Not now, we have dinner to get to. Plus, the wedding is in the next two days, guests will start arriving very soon and we don't want to be caught..." I said and Louis chuckled. "Okay that was embarrassing, Terrance hasn't looked at me the same way again..." Louis said and I laughed remembering Louis' butler walked in one day while we were doing it. "Let me go change back into my normal clothes and we will go down to dinner." I said. "Actually you are going to have to wear that tonight..." Louis said and pointed to a outfit hanging on a hook on the wall. "Why?" I asked and he shrugged and I nodded, taking the outfit and going back to the changing rooms.  It was just a plain white dress shirt and dark navy blue dress pants that were quite tight. I put the same dress shoes for my wedding suit on and sorted my hair out slightly. I walked out the changing room and saw Louis standing there with a small smile. "Much better." He said and I smiled. The Prince always wore really smart clothes and I always wore my jeans and some shirt with either my old boots or trainers.  I guess that was on thing I really was going to miss...

 "Lets go." Louis said taking my hand and entwining our fingers together as we walked down the many stairs to the dining hall. "Just remember, stand up straight, smile and be polite. Just like father taught you." Louis whispered and I nodded, taking a deep breath and straightening my shoulders up and standing tall, walking with poise as the King would say. I looked at Louis and he smiled, nodding slightly as we entered the dining hall and I scanned the table. It wasn't just the King and Queen and the 4 princesses sitting there, but my mother, step father, Gemma and her husband, along with some other man and woman sitting there too. I gulped as Louis went to greet the man and woman. I placed my hands behind my back and walked towards the seat next to Mark. "Hester, Judith I would like you to meet my son's fiance." Mark said and the man and woman looked over at me with a blank look. "The pleasure is all mine." I said bowing my head at them. I saw Judith smile slightly and Hester nod. I looked over at my mum and step father and I could see they were both looking at me with shocked expressions. "Sit sit!" Jay said clapping her hands and I took the seat next to the king and next to Gemma. Louis sat the other side of me, next to Hester and he winked at me. I sat up straight as the first course was served and used everything I was taught. "What happened to you?" Gemma whispered and I smiled. "I have learnt to live the way I am supposed to. Table manners are a big part of it." I said.

 "You are not what I was expecting..." Hester finally said and I looked up from my plate and looked at him. "How so?" Louis asked as Hester stared at me. "You don't seem to be the sort of person I was expecting. I was expecting someone with less manners and a very low IQ..." He said and I raised my eyebrow at him. "Excuse me! That is my son you are talking about!!" My mum shouted. "Mother please, Hester is only saying his opinion. Please excuse my own mother sir, she is not very good at keeping her thoughts to herself." I said and I watched Hester look at me with a shocked expression and my mother and step father sit there with their mouths open. "Please do us the greatest pleasure of clapping your mouths closed mother and Robin. It is rather rude." I said and they did with wide eyes. I turned my head to see the King smiling slightly and Louis grinning. The starter plates were taken away and I thanked the butler for that. "You thank the servants? Why is that?" Hester asked and I gave a small smile. "Even though they are our servants, every individual deserves some respect. A simple please and thank you is enough to show someone that I respect them." I said remembering the words Mark told me on my first day. I felt a pat on my knee and I smiled, knowing the King was happy with my answer. "You have taught him very well Mark. He has the making of a great King." Hester said and I had hold back a smile from breaking on my face as the main course was served.

 The two Kings and Queens were chatting away, the four Princesses were chatting with Gemma and Ashton, Mum and Robin were in their own little conversation and Louis and I just smiled at each other, listening to the conversations. "Louis, why don't you and I swap seats?" Mark asked as we finished the main course. Louis nodded and they swapped, leaving Louis and I to sit together. I automatically grabbed his hand under the table and he chuckled. "Missed me that much?" He whispered and I smiled. "I was having a mini panic attack inside!" I said and he smiled, leaning over and pecking my cheek. "You two are like the cutest couple ever!" Gemma said and I smiled. It was time for the final course and Louis never let go of my hand. "So will the coronation be straight after the wedding?" Hester asked as I looked over to him. "Yes it will be." Mark said and Hester nodded. Once the final course was done, Louis and I excused ourselves due to doing last minute wedding preparations. We were excused no problem and we walked hand in hand out the dining hall but once the door was closed, Louis pushed me against the wall. I have waited long enough..." He growled and I smirked. "Can't wait can you?" I asked and he shook his head no. "Well you are going to have to wait Lou. Not doing anything till everything is sorted." I said and he sighed, before planting his lips to mine softly. "Fine, once this is all over... You are mine." He said and I smiled, lacing our fingers together. "Lets go make sure everything is set, to get prepared for tomorrow. We are going to need to sleep earlier too." I said and he nodded. Things were slowly turning out right, and soon we were going to be wed and the next Kings... Scary right? Not anymore.