Chapter 11

Chapter 11-

I did my tie, seeing that I couldn't"t find a bow tie and headed down to the ball room. You could hear all the hustle and bustle of the guests slowly arriving. I walked down the last flight of stairs as I saw Zayn walking in with his girlfriend. "Mr. Malik." I greeted and he grinned! "So the tailor boy finally made it!" He cheered and I smiled. "Actually I work in the palace now. I have to be here." I said and his smile grew even more. "Its about time!" He said and I laughed. "Please excuse me, I must go find out what needs to be done." I said and he nodded as I headed towards the King and Queen. "Harry! There you are! Will you accompany Mr. Horan to the gates? He is having problems with the horses." The King said and I nodded as I weaved in and out of people. "Harry?" I turned to see Louis there with a frown. "I got to go help Niall." I said and ran off when all I wanted to do was stay with Louis. I walked up to Niall and he seemed relieved to see me. "Mate, could you grab those horses. We will tie them by the stables." Niall said and I nodded as I went to grab the next lot of horses. We spent over a hour doing this before things calmed down. "Thanks Harry, couldn't"t of done it without you!" Niall said patting my back rather hard. "Pleasure." I said and headed back inside. The ballroom was full by this time and I couldn't"t see any sign of Louis in this crowd.

 I sighed and pushed my way through the guests and towards the King and Queen. I caught sight of Ashton standing next to the King with a tray full of glasses. Then more of the waiters came out with trays. "Harry!" I turned to see Luke walking towards me. "Would you mind covering for me for a bit? I forgot to do something and the Queen will kill me." He said and I nodded, taking both trays of wine glasses from him. I walked through the crowds, offering them all a drink and thankfully the trays were empty as I walked to the kitchen to get another set of trays. I weaved through more people when I caught sight of Louis talking to a blonde haired girl. He looked bored and irritated. "Wine?" I asked casually and Louis smiled at me taking a glass from the tray. "Uh sir, the Queen has asked for your presence in the kitchen, pronto." I said and he nodded thanking me and leaving the girl. Once the glasses were finished I walked into the kitchen and was tackled in a hug by Louis. "It was like you knew I needed saving." He said and I laughed. There was music soon enough and he sighed. "Wish me luck!" He said. "Good luck!" I said and watched him leave and Luke arrive. "Thank you Harry, I owe you one." He said and I smiled before walking out the kitchen.

 I stood in Ashton"s place next to the King and watched as Louis was dancing with some Black haired girl. "What about that girl over there?" The Queen asked. "No, she looks like she will faint just by looking at him." The King said. They were discussing who Louis should dance with? Like what the hell. I watched for a while, song after song when I caught sight of Louis dancing with Eleanor. He was smiling and seemed to be enjoying  himself that was all I need to feel pain in my chest and make my way out of the ballroom. As I got to the door, I was yanked back by none other then Robin himself. "Where are you going boy?" He asked. "I have been instructed by the King himself to help Mr. Horan outside." I lied and his jaw clenched. "Leave him be Robin, he will come running back to us soon." My mother said and I smiled at her. "I would rather jump of a bridge." I said and stormed off up the stairs. I walked through a few hallways till I got to a balcony. I stepped out and looked over the kingdom. It was absolutely beautiful out here. I looked down and saw the rather long drop. As I looked out, you could see the river glowing in the moonlight and in the far distance, I could see the bridge that Louis took me too. Just thinking about Louis with Eleanor made me happy and sad at the same time. Happy because Eleanor will finally get her dream but sad that I would never get to tell Louis how I really felt. I sighed and placed my face in my hands and I leaned against the railing. I could hear the music and laughter from here and it made me sick. I just wanted to know what Louis was doing. Was he still with Eleanor or did he get pushed to another girl. Maybe I should just go down there again and watch what happens. Maybe that was what I needed to get over Louis? I am going to take that as a yes. I stood up straight and looked out to the view one more time before heading back into the castle and heading into the ballroom again. I pushed past Robin and my mother and into the crowd as they watched Louis dance with Eleanor. He was smiling and laughing, his eyes beaming until he looked at me. He kept his eyes on me and smiled. I just gave a thumbs up and smiled. When the music stopped, the two stopped dancing and he kissed her cheek. I felt my heart break even more but I hid it behind the mask. You knew it would happen Harry, so get over it. Louis made his way towards me but I pretended to not notice and head back out. I can"t face him right now.

 I quickly ran out the ballroom and just ran. I don"t know where the hallways will take me, but at least it will be away from Louis. I opened another door and came to like the room of palace. It was a small garden, peaceful. There was a small water feature in the middle of this courtyard. No grass, just plants and flowers and this fountain with lots of fairy lights. It was rather lovely. I walked right to the small wall at the end and looked down. It was so far down but the view was even more beautiful then the balcony I was on. I felt for leaving Louis there, but I honestly can"t face him or I might just start crying. "Harry?" My breath stopped at the voice behind me. Why now? "Louis? What are you doing here?" I asked and he smiled walking towards me. "You looked upset in there and when you ran away, I followed you." He said softly. "I"m fine..." I said looking away from him. "You"re not fine." He said and I sighed. "You and Eleanor seem to get on very well?" I said changing the subject. "Yeah she is really nice." He said. "She caught your heart yet?" I asked but she shook his head as he leaned against the wall. "Why not?" I asked. "I feel like someone else has my heart..." He said and I frowned. "What do you mean?" I asked and he sighed, as we sat in silence as he decided what to say.

 "Eleanor is a lovely girl, everything I want in someone. She is just like me. But I never felt anything more then just a friend to her. I don"t know, every time I look at this person though, my heart races and they got me thinking things I should never ever think of." He said. Sounds like how I look at him. "But of course my parents won"t take it well if I told them who it was." Louis asked and I sighed. "I am sure they will understand." I said dragging foot against the pavement. "They won"t. They only see me with one of these girls. I have a feeling they will pick Eleanor to be my bride but I don"t want her." Louis said looking right at me. "Then who do you want?" I asked and he sighed standing up straight and facing me. "I don"t think I will have the guts to tell them... Because I am sure they will never feel this way about me." He said and I sighed. If only it was me... "How do you know unless you try?" I asked and he sighed looking up at me. He had tears building up in his eyes. "Because if I tell them, I will end up breaking their heart when I end up marrying someone else." He said as a tear ran down his cheek. I cupped his cheek and used my thumb to wipe it away. "Everything happens for a reason Lou... You fell for this person and you know that you could never have them... But nothing stops you from fighting." I said and he smiled.

 We stood in silence for a while before he sighed. "Okay..." He said softly looking right at me and even though my heart hurts, I still feel it beat quicker under his gaze. "Then I got to tell them... No matter what happens...." He said and I smiled before nodding. I looked down to the ground and kept my gaze there but I felt Louis stand closer to me and he raised my head up to stare at his bright blue eyes. I could feel his soft warm breath on my face, sending Goosebumps over my skin. "Promise me something..." He whispered and I nodded, never breaking the eye contact. "You won"t hate me after this..." He said and before I could question why, I felt his lips on mine. They were so soft and gentle. My heartbeat quickened to a point where I thought it was going to explode. I felt myself melt into the kiss and kissed him back, closing my eyes as I cupped his face in my hands. I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and pull me closer to him. After what felt like a few seconds, we pulled away. My eyes were wide, full of questions while his eyes held fear and sadness. "I"m sorry... But I had to tell you..." He said and I smiled as he turned around, ready to walk away but I grabbed hold of his arm and pulled him towards me. 

 "Don"t be sorry..." I said softly as I wiped a tear away from his cheek again. "You don"t hate me?" He asked and I smiled. "Never ever in a million years could I hate you Louis..." I said and he smiled slightly. "Even when I marry this girl my parents will choose?" He asked and I smiled. "Even then..." I said and his smile grew before placing his lips to mine again. I couldn't"t help but smile and I could feel him smile too. "No-one must know..." Louis said and I nodded. "I won"t ever say a word..." I said and he smiled. "I guess we should get back to the party..." Louis said and I nodded. "You go first, so people don"t get suspicious..." I said and he nodded. "But promise me one thing tonight..." Louis said and I nodded, giving my full attention. "I get to have dance with my best friend... The guy that caught my heart from the day I knocked him over with my horse." He said and I smiled, chuckling at the memory. "I promise."