Chapter 24

Chapter 24- 

"You're WHAT?!" I flinched at the sound of the Queen's voice. "Do I need to spell it for you mother?" Louis asked calmly tightening his grip on my hand slightly. The Queen stood there with like a frustrated look on her face, while The King was smiling from ear to ear. The Queen was not to happy with the fact that Louis just said we were getting married. She was muttering something under her breath, stuff that no right mind would understand anyways. "I am not going to fight for this anymore. You want me to become king, the others won't accept that without me being married. So we made a plan!" Louis said and the Queen glared. "Louis, this was not how it was supposed to go love..." The Queen said and Louis sighed. "Then explain to me the way it was supposed to go." He said blankly. "You're supposed to have kids Louis!" She said and I felt myself stiffen at that. "Kids? You told me you were fine with me being gay!!!" Louis shouted. "Oh please. I just thought it was a phase! Now you are marrying the man and for what? Just to stop this certain war? Who will take over when its time for you to come down from the throne?!" She shouted. "I don't care! One of Lottie's kids can take over for all I care!! Mother it is just not about who takes over the throne in the next 30 to 80 years or whatever! This about the war that Hester will create!" Louis snapped.

  "Harry, why don't we leave these two to fight as much as they want?" The King interrupted them and I gulped but nodded. I pecked Louis' cheek, making him smile softly. "I love you." He whispered and I smiled. "Love you too." I said walked towards the door where the King waited for me at the door. He shut the door behind him and right then we could hear the two of them having a screaming fight. "Lets go to the garden at the top." The King said and I nodded, holding my hands behind my back as we walked up the stairs. "So who asked who?" The King asked and I smiled. "I, uh, I did sir." I said and he nodded. "You know you can call me Mark, Harry. You are after all, basically part of the family." He said and nodded. I opened the big heavy door and we stepped out to the rooftop garden. The sun was starting to sink and the clouds seemed to be growing for the first rain of the season. "Louis explained earlier today that you weren't ready to marry? So mind telling me what happened?" Mark asked and I sighed, leaning against the wall. "I guess I wanted to help? I don't know. He was worried that I was going to get hurt. I told him I would be fine but..." I trailed off running my hands through my hair. "I just want to help him! I can't let this war take place because he wasn't married. I tried to tell him he could make it a new rule but he said he isn't strong enough to do it... I don't know!" I said and I heard Mark chuckle. "Relax Harry, its not as bad as you think..." He said and I looked down. "Its a huge step and I don't know if I am able to support him through all this..." I said and Mark sighed. "You are more then capable Harry. You will make a great King a long side Louis." Mark said and my head snapped up, staring at him with wide eyes. 

 "King? Me? No ways!" I said literally freaking out. I can't be a King! "Harry, you are going to be marrying my son, who is a prince. You are going to have to take your rightful place." He said but I shook my head. "I can't. I am just a tailor from Robin's shop! I can't..." I said  but Mark placed a firm hand on my shoulder and look at me dead in the eyes. "Harry, listen to me okay." He said and I nodded, trying to even my breathing. "You are worthy of that position. You seem to mean more to Louis then anyone else. You have made him happy Harry, very happy. He is the happiest he has ever been in a very long time and that's all I ever wanted. You have ever right to be here Harry, not for just marrying my son. But being the person who saved my son and brought him infinite happiness." He said and it actually brought tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat. "You forget what my wife was saying about kids. That comes with time... If Lottie's children children take over it won't matter. What matters now is if Louis takes the crown and you will stand by him in all the pride and glory and support him for the rest of his life... Do you love him enough to do that?" Mark asked and I knew the answer straight away. I didn't hesitate a moment. "Yes. I love him with every fiber in my being and nothing will ever change that. Like I explained when you convinced me to come back here and stop the wedding." I said and he smiled. "Then you have nothing to worry about." He said and I nodded. "I believe in you Harry. You have the personality and courage to be a great King. Never forget that..." He said before heading to the door. "Oh I almost forgot. Here." He handed me a small box and I frowned. "Give it to Louis..." He said and I smiled as I opened the box to see a plain gold band. "Thank you." I said before the King walked out.

 I sighed and turned around to face the sunset. My mind was all over the place right now. Me? Harry Edward Styles? King? This is madness. Never in my wildest dreams would I ever believe to be king. Never ever ever. It was scary to think that just months ago I was stuck in the basement of the tailor shop. Lowest of the lows and now? I was up here in the castle, engaged to the Prince and now going to be a King alongside Louis? My life is like turned upside down and inside out in just one day. "Hey." Louis whispered beside me and I jumped, not expecting him to be here. "Hey, how did things go with your mother?" I asked and he sighed. "I ended up walking out. She's not happy. But father said he will talk to her." He said threading his arm threw mine as we rested our elbows on the brick railing. "What did he say to you?" Louis asked and I sighed. "That once we are married, there will be two Kings..." I said and watched Louis' eyes grow. "Really?!" He asked and I nodded. " Said if I loved you enough to stay with you for the rest of my life, I can handle being King. I am not sure whether I want to pass out or throw up yet." I said and Louis chuckled. "You will make a great King." He said mocking my words from earlier. I rolled my eyes but smiled, before nudging him in the ribs. 

 "So you sure you want to do this?" Louis asked and I smiled. "What? You think I will ever have second thoughts?" I asked and Louis shrugged. "Its a big responsibility you know." He said and I rested my head on his shoulder. "I'm not worried." I said and he chuckled. "Good because there is no ways you're getting out of this now." He said and I smiled lifting my head up and facing him. "You sure about that?" I asked and he grinned. "Very sure. You are all mine now..." I said and leaned in and pecked my lips. I smiled, staring into his bright blue eyes. I looked down to the ring in the box before pulling away from Louis and bending down on one knee. He chuckled and smiled before nodding. I placed the ring on his finger and I leaned in and pressed my lips to his again. He leaned back onto the railing and pulled me to stand in front of him as he wrapped his around my neck, deepening the kiss. "Harry! Louis!" We both pulled away and turned to see Mark standing there with a stern look. "Inside now. Suits need fitting, wedding plans need to be done! I will be visiting Hester tomorrow sometime to discuss what is going to happen. Hurry up!! Come on! We have a week to prepare!!" Mark said and we laughed before I took Louis' hand and ran past the king and into the castle, to the tailor room where we spent the rest of our night...