Chapter 5

Chapter 5- 

"See, I told you! You were hungry!" Louis said smiling widely at me as I looked down to the tables surface , blushing in embarrassment. I mean first I am forced to accept that Louis is going to pay for the food, then I try to say I'm not hungry, but ended up eating everything on the plate. "Harry relax, you needed it." Louis said as he called over the man. Of course people were starting to notice that Louis was the prince, but he did try to stay low key for a while.  "People are starting to notice you..." I whispered. "Yeah I know..." Louis said as the old man stood in front of him. "No need to worry about the bill your highness."  The man said but Louis shook his head handing the man some money. "I'm not going to take no for a answer." Louis said standing up. I stood up too and quickly followed behind him. As we stepped out the small eating place, Louis untied his horse again and we slowly walked through the village on foot.

"So what are you going to say when you get back to the shop?" Louis asked and I sighed."Probably keep quiet and take what is given to me... Like always."  I said. I felt him place his hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off. "I don't need your sympathy!"  I snapped but regretted it right after. "Sorry... I didn't mean to snap." I said looking down. "Its okay Harry..."  Louis  said softly. I couldn't look up to meet his gaze, because I could just imagine him looking at me with pity and sympathy and I hated it. I hate having people feel sorry for me. It bugged me. I take whatever comes my way, no matter the pain, and just bottle it up. I am good at doing it but it never gets to a point where I want to explode and punch a wall or self harm! I would never be able to do that anyways. I would chicken out before I would even act on something like that. "I know you don't want sympathy Harry... But you can always talk to me if you ever need someone to talk too..." Louis said softly, coming to a stop."Thanks..." I said and he sighed as we carried on walking.

After a while of walking in silence, I heard screaming or protesting. I looked up and saw a large crowds outside the Tailor shop? I looked to Louis and he shrugged as we made our way closer to the shop. "I had a dress due today!" One woman screamed. "Well my Tailor ditched us! What do you want me to do?" I heard Robin's angry voice shout back. "You better get going..." Louis said and I nodded as I began to make my way through the crowd, but Louis grabbed hold of my wrist before I disappeared completely. "Please be careful." He said and I nodded, giving him and small smile and mouthed a Thank You. I pushed through the crowds till I got to the door where a red faced Robin stood. "The hell have you been?!" He shouted at me and slapped me hard through the face with the back of his hand. I kept my head down, staring at all the shoes. "I will leave you to do deal with all this! "I'm taking your mother and sister out for Lunch. When I get back, I expect to see everyone happy."  He growled and pushed past this set of woman who was still shouting protests. I saw Robin, Anne and Gemma walk down the high street, leaving me to deal with these people. "Alright! One at a time please!" I shouted and they all went quiet. "I will help everyone! But I need some order please! One at a time." I said as I entered the shop to see Eleanor with her head on the table.

I didn't even bother her as one woman walked in. She had dark curly hair, and was not the tallest person around. Not like I am. "I ordered a damn dress two days ago! Where is it!?" She snapped and I sighed. "What is your name?" I asked. "Danielle..." She said slowly. I took out my design book and scrolled through it, finding the dress under the name Danielle. "Which one is it?" I turned to see Eleanor there and I smiled. I handed her the book and she nodded, heading down to the basement to get the dress. "Mind waiting here?" I asked Danielle and she sighed but nodded, sitting down on a chair. I called the next person, who was man in his late 40's coming to find a suit. He found one that was his perfect size. "Is this the dress?" I turned to see Eleanor standing there with the dress. "Yeah thanks. Ma'am would you please go put it on?" I turned to Danielle who was smiling so wide her face could split in half. She took the dress and quickly went to fit it. "Can you get the next customer while I do the dress?" I asked Eleanor and she smiled nodding.

Okay so that is how the rest of our day went. Customer after customer. I was shortening dresses and Eleanor was sorting out the suits and a few dresses that I couldn't get to. After hours of adjustments, screaming customers and needle holes in our fingers. Eleanor and I both sat down on the shop floor and took a minute to finalize everything that just happened. "That was under a hour and a half..." Eleanor said and I smiled. "I couldn't have done it without you." I said and she smiled, hugging me."I'm not paying for you both to sit on the floor..." Robin mumbled as he walked in with Gemma and my mum. "Sorry sir..." I said quickly standing up, placing the left over needles into my sleeve and staring at the floor. "Now, care to tell me where you went?" Robin snapped crossing his arms over his chest. "Yes Harry, I would like to know the answer to that..." My mother said standing next to Robin. What do I tell them? Uh well I ran for miles in a field, came to a stop by the fence where I met prince Louis and he basically swept me off my feet to show me a bridge where we sat and got to know each other all morning before we headed back and hand lunch... I don't think so. "I... Uh... Went to a quiet place and drew up a new design for a dress..." I said not looking them in the eyes. "Okay, now tell us the truth." My mother said and I groaned. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you..." I said. "I gave you a chance to tell me where the hell you went!" Robin screamed making me flinch.

"You have 5 seconds to spit it out." Robin said and I groaned. Deciding it was best to just tell them part of the story. "I was in the wheat fields when I bumped into someone..." I said as Robin stepped closer to me. "Who did you bump into boy?" He asked. I kept my gaze down and I could see the tips of his shoes in front of me. "The prince..."  I whispered. "What did you say?" Robin said and I looked him dead in eyes, knowing I will regret this. "The Prince." I said loudly. Eleanor gasped, while my mother stared at me and Gemma smirked. But before I could register anything, I felt a punch on the right side of my jaw. "I told you not to lie to me!!!!!!" Robin shouted as I felt tears in my eyes. "I wouldn't look you in the eye if I was lying!" I snapped and prepared for the next hit when a piece of paper fell from my jacket pocket and I internally groaned as it was the official invite to the ball. Robin looked down and smirked at me before picking it up. "What is this?" He asked slowly as he unrolled the parchment. His eyes scanned the writing before they looked at me. "Its a invite... Signed by the King and Queen..." He said and I heard my mum gasp. "You're joking!?" Gemma exclaimed happily. "Where did you get this?" He asked cautiously. "Louis gave it to me..." I said softly. "Did you just say the Prince's name?!" Robin asked and I nodded slowly. He raised his hand again and back handed me once again. "Don't you ever use his name again! You are the lowest of the low and you will respect the Prince with everything you have!"  Robin said and I nodded slowly.

"Now get out of my sight!" Robin snapped and I quickly went to the basement door and shut it quietly, locking it before crawling into the corner of the room and burying my face in my knees. I cried silently that night. I was scared, fed up, drained and bruised. Worst part was, my mother didn't even object to it. Gemma or Eleanor wouldn't dare do anything because he would do the same to them... But my own mother didn't even give two shits about me. Just pretended to care. I heard the shop doors shutting and locking, leaving me in the cold, dark basement alone. If only I could escape this hell... But what chance do I have? I have nothing... No purpose. Nothing. No hope or escape for me and I know it will take a miracle to get out of this... But then again, when do I ever get a miracle?