3.9 Gas

Then the woman turned to me.

I smiled and looked into her eyes "open the door"

She just walked away.

I growled pissed off "Bitch"

I walked back to the bed and sat down "What are you going to do now, Sybil?"

Sybile smirked and looked at Stefan's body "i'm going to have some fun with him"

Me "Don't harm his pretty mind"

Sybil smirked at me "I'll do my best"

Then she closed her eyes.

i sighed "so i'm all alone now or what?"

I rolled my eyes annoyed.

Suddenly Stefan gasped awake.

He stood up and looked at Sybil "What did you do to me?"

Sybil " You tell me. What do you remember?"

Stefan " You confronted your sister. She turned you into a cannibal against your wishes."

Sybil " And who exactly is my sister?"

Stefan shook his head " I don't know."

Sybil sighed " How frustrating."

Stefan " Why are you still here? I was out cold, you were in my head. Why didn't you escape?"

Sybil " And leave you with such a dramatic cliffhanger? I'm not that evil. I was about to answer your question. How you can save your brother. But for the last time, I need to know: are you an island girl or a village girl? Wait! Answer me, Stefan. This is important. Who are you in this story? The victim, who tried for years not to feed on human blood, only for his selfish brother to blow into town and ruin it all? Or are you the monster, who sealed his brother's fate the day you forced him to turn into a vampire? Who doomed his brother to an eternity of misery because you were afraid of being alone?"

Stefan "There you go again. Old history."

Sybil " You'd be surprised how fresh it is in Damon's mind. Answer me. Who are you?"

I stood up and walked to the glass.

Stefan " I'm both."

Sybil " I was wrong about you, Stefan. You are worthy. You're ready for the truth. When I learned the truth about what my sister had done for me, I did the only thing a decent person could do. I threw myself off the cliffs. As I lay dying, I prayed. For mercy. For love. For forgiveness. My sister... She made a deal with Cade. Immortality, beauty and youth, for the two of us... if only we served our new Lord and master. We feast on the flesh to keep us beautiful, and he collects the souls of the wicked. In Hell."

Stefan " Hell? As in, literal Hell. Come on. Just tell me the truth. Who's Cade? What is he?"

Sybil " He's the answer to all your problems, Stefan. You want to save your brother? All you have to do is kill the Devil."

Stefan shook his head " I don't believe you."

Sybil " Which part? We covered a lot of ground."

Stefan " Hell. The Devil. None of it exists."

Sybil " Did you believe in vampires before you fell in love with one and became one yourself? That's the trouble with facts, Stefan. They're true whether you believe in them or not. I promise you, just as my sister promised me. There was a man named Cade. The people he loved damned him. And only at the very end did he finally give up on them, only when the smell of his burning flesh was searing his nostrils, did he see them for what they really were. Monsters. Just like you and me. So, Cade damned them in return. With his last breath, he let loose a psychic blast so powerful that it created its own world. Call it Hell if you want. It doesn't matter what name you give it or whether you believe in it or not. Either way, that is where Cade feeds on the souls of the damned. It's where he waits for you, Stefan."

I crossed my ams. Interesting.

Stefan "Stop making this about me. I'm trying to help my brother."

Sybil "Oh, but this is about you. Did you really think all your pathetic attempts at atonement would save you from the fate that, deep down, you know you deserve? A fate befitting the glorious Ripper of Monterey?"

who was pretty hot, by the way.

Stefan shook his head " No. That was almost 100 years ago. I'm not that person anymore."

Sybil " It doesn't matter, Stefan. That stain will always be on your soul, no matter how hard you try to wash it away. So, stop fighting. It's easier that way."

Stefan " Maybe I do deserve it, but Damon doesn't, because I made him what he is. So, if it's my fault, damn me. Not him."

Sybil "Damon's fate is already sealed. I reached into his mind and gave him a look at what awaits him, and even that little spoonful was enough to make him flip his little humanity switch. He chose to serve Cade for all eternity, rather than experience another second in that kind of torment. Damon believes in Hell. And soon you will, too. Because you're just as doomed as he is."

Later.

I yelled annoyed "Let me out of here, Assholes!!"

Sybil "could you please stop yelling"

I looked at her "can't you see that i don't care! i want to get out of here!!"

Then I hammered against the wall, yelling "Stefan!"

suddenly i heard a noise. Then the whole room filled with gas. I started coughing. My started to burn.

I fell to the floor and coughing "damn it!"