"I Don't Want To Do This"

At the White Cedar Motel.

I parked my car outside and rushed inside.

I heard Josie yell happily "Auntie Adi"

I breathed out relieved when i saw them running happily toward me.

I kneeled down and hugged them "Oh, hey, hey, hey, chipmunks"

Suddenly i heard the front door behind me being ripped open.

Lizzie "Daddy!"

Josie "Mommy!"

They let go of me and hugged their parents.

Ric picked up Josie "Hey, darling. Hey. Ooh. Oh, my gosh. Oh. Oh, my gosh. Oh, it's so good to see you."

Caroline picked up Lizzie " Thank you. It's so good to see you. I missed you too."

Then i saw Stefan walking into the room.

He had that look on his face. He did something he shouldn't have done. And i'm dying to know what it was.

At the armory. Outside.

Caroline and Ric had taken the girls inside. They wer going to let them sleep in the armory. Ric and Care were still inside but i waited outside. They need to talk things out.

I sighed sitting down on the stone stairs.

I saw someone coming my way. Stefan. I stood up when he stopped in front of me.

I drove my hand through my hair and crossed my arms over my chest when he stopped in front of me.

I took a deep breath "That wasn't fair, what I did... cutting you off like that. We're partners and we should be making decisions together. I love you, Stefan, so much that it hurts. "

He smiled but i could tell that it didn't reach his eyes.

I sighed "Look, i know that you didn't get the girls back without a price. What did you do?"

He looked down.

I pleaded "please, Stefan, just say it"

Stefan looked at me"I gave Damon what he promised me... an eternity of misery."

I shook my head, tears coming up "don't joke with me now. Stefan, don't. Because i'm done for today and i'm not in the mood for jokes. "

Stefan drove his hand through his hair "i wish i was but this i'm serious"

I took a deep breath "What have you done?"

Stefan took a deep breath " I surrendered my immortal soul to Cade. I have to serve him the way the sirens did. Deliver the darkest souls to hell so I don't end up there myself."

I shook my head " No. No, there has to be... a way out of this. Stefan. We have a wedding to plan. Caroline was beginning to organize everything ... she wants to plan for us a June wedding"

Stefan chuckled sadly "I know. I know. I'm sorry."

He put his hand on my cheek but i shook my head.

Me " No, I don't accept that. You... are going to be waiting at the end of that aisle for me and we are going to start our lives together that day. You understand?. I just got you back, i'm n- I'm not gonna lose you again"

Stefan put both of his hands on my cheeks " Our day is tomorrow. It's my last day."

I shook my head. Tears were rolling down my cheeks.

I sobbed "No. What? Why?"

Stefan " Because my one condition was that I get to spend my last 24 hours of freedom... with you, angel"

In the middle of the road.

Stefan went home but i stayed and told me Ric needed my help for something. Well, it was the other way around to be exact. I needed his and Matt's help for something.

Damon was standing in the middle of the road. Matt slowly moved toward him with a gun in his and. Suddenly he shot Damon in the back. Damon groaned in pain and tuned to us.

Damon " Donovan? Isn't it past your bedtime?"

Suddenly he was shot in the back by Ric who was standing next to me.

Ric "Thanks for showing up. I've been wanting to kill someone all day. "

He shot again.

Ric " I can't have my kids endangered anymore. And they will always be endangered as long as you're alive."

Damon "Oh, your timing's hilarious, 'cause I just made the deal of a lifetime. Hopefully, a thousand lifetimes."

Matt " Hey! He's had enough, okay? Just finish him."

Damon looked at me surprised "princess"

I smiled sweetly and speeded at him. I punched him in the stomach making him drop to his knees.

I kneeled bend down to him and whispered in his head "don't think that this is easy for me. I don't want to do this, Damon, i really don't"

Damon held his stomach "then don't"

Me "But this will never end if i don't do this now. I don't know you anymore. I loved you like a brother ... now i look at you and all i see is a stranger. This has to stop and this is the only way."

Then i rammed my hand in his chest and he gasped.

I held the tears back "I know about the deal, Damon, why can't you just let me and Stefan in peace? why can't you let us be happy? hm? Why did you have to hurt our friends? to kill Tyler? You take Elena as excuse for everything and i'm sick of it. I love you, Damon, but you are not leaving me a choice. So, I hope you are good with your new boss because you are going to need it"

Damon groaned out.

I grabbed his heart harder "This is for everyone you've hurt and killed"

Then i ripped his heart out. He gasped and fell back. His skin started to turn cold as i dropped his heart.

I looked at Ric who looked at me with a worried face"Ad-"

I shook my head and whipped my tears away "Do whatever you have to do with him. "

He nodded.