"No. No. No. Fuck No"

I walked back to Stefan who was waiting where we had found Karen. I found him starring at the bloodspot.

I crossed my arms over my chest and cleared my throat " I compelled her to wait by the road for the ambulance."

Stefan kept his eyes on the blood "It's nearly midnight"

I sighed and put a hand on his shoulder but he brushed me off.

Stefan " it doesn't matter. Today, tomorrow... I know where I'm going and I deserve it."

I shook my head and turned him to me "No, you don't, okay?"

He nodded not looking at me " Yes, I do."

Me "You saved that woman's life."

Stefan shook his head " Doesn't matter. It's just one person."

I put my hands on his cheeks and made him look at me "Listen to me, You are not going to give up. You are going to keep fighting. You are going to live. You are going to stay alive so you can make all of this right. "

Stefan "how can you be so sure?"

Me "Because i'm gonna be by your side through every step of the way"

In front of the house. In the car.

I pulled over in front of the house and turned the engine off.

Stefan took a deep breath " Look, um... I know it wasn't about the wedding. I didn't mean that."

I nodded "i know. "

I looked at him "But we're in this together, Stefan"

Stefan sighed and drove a hand through his hair" I just have no idea how to make this right."

Me "I don't either."

Inside.

Stefan and i walked inside.

Damon turned to us with a bottle in his hand "How's it feel to be back on humanity"

Stefan grabbed my hand "Uh, it... hurts. Definitely hurts."

Damon "Well, why don't you take a seat. I poured you a friendly drink, and I'll sit with you and we can have some time for ourselves"

I leaned my head on Stefan's shoulder.

Stefan " I'm gonna have to pass. I... I just came home to change before I go to Bonnie's. I spent the last hour trying to... figure out what I was gonna say to her."

Damon " What'd you come up with?"

Stefan shook his head "Nothing. Mm, nothing to say. If I can't figure out a way to forgive myself, I can't expect her to."

Damon " Well, you'd be surprised. Bonnie's a much better person than you or me. I'm not saying it won't take time. Clock doesn't start ticking until you say the words."

Stefan " Well, regardless of how that goes, I just wanted to say thank you... for saving my life."

Damon joked " No, that... that's no big deal. I do that 'cause it's Tuesday."

Stefan "Still, it gave me the chance to... undo all the damage that I've done."

Damon " Yeah. I've got some undoing of my own to do. "

Stefan "Do you think that there's a chance for us? For redemption? "

Damon looked at his brother surpirsed. Well, i did too.

Damon nodded "Absolutely. Get to it."

At the armory.

Damon and i walked into the armory. Dorian and Ric were theere. Well Dorian was on his way out.

Dorian looked at Damon and then at Ric "You know what, it can wait till tomorrow. Looks like you have bigger things to deal with."

Then he walked out. 

Ric yelled at Damon "Do you have any idea what you've done!?"

Damon "Yeah. I saved my brother, Ric. No apologies. The devil wanted his dead. And i sure as hell was not gonna give the devil hat he wanted!"

Ric "Why do you only seem to care about loss when it's your own?"

Damon " Because... say it with me, Ric... I'm selfish."

Ric "You have absolutely no idea... how important that journal was."

Damon "I'm gonna take a shot and say that it was an instruction manual to kill Cade."

Ric "Oh, so you knew? And you gave it to him anyway."

I yelled "For god's sake, guys! Ric, calm the fuck down down! and you, Damon, behave! "

They looked at me. 

Me "Ric, Damon has something he wants to share with you"

I looked at Damon who rolled his eyes but then nodded. 

Damon "Yup. Come on. Grab your blindfold and your headphones."

We walked down into the cave. tables with some relics on them were there.

Damon looked through the stuff "Sybil sure loved to hear herself talk. But... in all that blathering, she did mention that she had an insurance policy against Cade. I'm betting this is it."

He picked up old long thing looking like a weapon. It looked like a bronze steel with a old looking white crystil as blade.

Ric "Oh, yeah? How sure are you?"

Damon" 60/40. But a relic of Cade's creation, that is the means to destroy him? Now, that has a certain poetry to it. Ah. "

Ric reached for it but Damon puleled the knife away.

Damon "Admit it. I did pretty good. Now..."

He sighed "you got to have a bottle of bourbon stashed in here somewhere. I say we grab that, exchange a few half-assed apologies for all the crappy things we've done to each other... and make a plan to kill the devil."

Suddenly Kai walked inside. My jaw dropped.

Kai smiled "Yeah, sorry to interrupt. But what if I told you I had a better idea?"

I shook my head annoyed and whined "no. no. No. Fuck No"