Damon's Torture

Next day.

I groaned annoyed when i herd my phone buzz.

I reached out and grabbed my phone from the nightstand. I answered it.

Me "what?"

Caroline "good morning to you too"

I rolled my eyes "what do you want?"

Caroline chuckled "i forgot how much of a bitch you are when someone wakes you up"

I rolled my eyes "did you call me just to offend me?"

Caroline "I'm just saying how it is. you are still in bed, moping about Stefan".

Me "Guilty as charged. Why are you even calling me? you live here"

Caroline "I'm on my way to your place. I picked up some stuff from mine. "

I nodded "okay"

Caroline "You want to grab breakfast?"

Me "My fiancèe turned Miss Mystic Falls into a vampire just to annoy me. So, no, I am not going anywhere."

I pulled the covers over my head.

Suddenly i heard the front door open downstairs.

I raised my eyebrows "pease tell me you just opened the front door"

Caroline " How do you like your eggs?"

The front door closed.

Caroline "Damon?"

I sat up  "Wait, Damon's here too?"

Caroline "you should probably come down here. Now"

---

I looked at Damon with an raised eyebrow

I looked at Damon with an raised eyebrow. He was just sitting on a chair with open eyes. He wasn't moving at all. Not even flinching.

I yelled into his face "Damon!!"

No reaction.

Caroline " What do you think happened to him?"

I sighed shaking my head "no idea. Maybe Sybil happened. But the real question is: what did she do to his brain this time?"

Caroline "Only one way to find out."

 I looked at her "i don't wanna go alone"

Caroline grabbed my hand "Neither do i"

I put a hand on Damon's shoudler and closed my eyes.

I saw only short moments before he threw me out.

I jerked back and opened my eyes "the hell?"

Caroline looked at me with wide eyes "Did you see that?"

Me "He was screaming and burning inside"

Caroline looked at him.

Me "did you feel that pain?"

She nodded.

Caroline "Adi"

She nodded at Damon. I looked at him and a tear coming rolling down his cheek.

Me "he's suffering."

Suddenly we heard huming.

Me "do you hear that?"

Caroline "humming?"

I nodded.

Caroline "But w-"

She cut herself when i gave her a look.

We walked into the basement and i opened a cell door. I had to hold back a laugh when i saw Sybil there sitting on the chair with a cuffed hand. She smiled and waved at us. We walked inside.

I looked at Caroline "look at that, Care, we have a rat in the cellar."

I looked at Sybil.

Sybil " Let me guess. Damon's not feeling well."

Caroline " What did you do to him?"

Sybil "I gave him what he wanted, I flipped his little humanity switch back on."

Caroline "Then why is he a zombie?"

Sybil " Well, I guess his mind couldn't handle all those memories and feelings rushing in all at once. But don't worry, I can fix him, as long as I get what I want."

Me "You're crazy if you think we're letting you out of this cell. You'll mess with our her head, too."

Sybil "That's the beauty of it... You don't have a choice. Pay the price or prepare to have a catatonic best man at your wedding. If you're still getting married, that is. I know it's looking a little bleak."

I crossed my arms over my chest "What do you want?"

--

I was standing by the fridge in basement. I hoping Matt would pick up the call. 

I sighed "come on Matt, Answer the phone"

Matt "This isn't a good time."Me "Well, this phone call's not gonna make it any better. I need the bell."

Matt " I just had my dad take it out of town to hide it. Why?"

Me"Because I'm gonna give it to Sybil".

Matt "What? That's crazy, Adelaide."

Me " I know, but Sybil basically fried Damon's brain, and now she's the only one who can fix him. We have to give her what she wants."

Matt " What she wants is the only weapon that can kill her. I mean, if we give it to her, how are we gonna stop her?"

Me " I have no idea. All I know is that Damon is trapped in his own mind, and his mind is a volcano of pain and suffering."

Matt "Yeah, well, maybe that's what he deserves."

I bit my lip. He was right.

Matt "I'm taking your silence as your method of telling me that you agree with me. I'm right and you know that"

I sighed "Matt "

Matt " I'm standing at a crime scene right now where a bunch of people are dead. And one of them is Violet Fell"

The girl Stefan turned yesterday.

I sighed " Matt, I'm so sorry."

Matt " Are you? 'Cause no matter how many innocent people die, all anyone's ever concerned about is Stefan and Damon."

Me " You're right. I'm worried, okay? I know how messed up everything is right now. And if you won't do it for them, please, do it for Caroline."