Christmas

Next day. 

I turned around and bed hoping to cuddle into Stefan. I stretched my arms out but they fell onto the mattress. I opened my eyes and he wasn't there.

I sat up "Stef?"

No answer.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes again. i opened them and got out of the bed. I saw Stefan's sweater on the sofa. I walked to it, grabbed it and put it on. I drove a hand through my hair and made my way down the stairs. My eyes widened when i realized what had happened. 

Everywhere hung Christmas decorations. The house was completely decorated. I walked into the kitchen and saw Stefan cooking. I smiled at the sight of him and leaned against the door frame. I love this guy more than anything. 

Stefan looked at me and smiled"morning"

I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest "don't give me that smile. I thought we agreed to cancel."

Stefan sighed smiled "You've always told me you wanted a Christmas eve dinner with the whole family, so we are going to do it."

I uncrossed my arms and walked to him "it's not about me, Stefan. You are doing this because of us and your deal with the devil."

Stefan stopped cooking and turned to me  "I think our last day of life as we know it should be a little bit less depressing than that, don't you? So, today, we are gonna do what people do on Christmas. We're gonna eat more than we should and we're gonna drink until our friends and family seem somewhat normal. That's what I want today to be."

I giggled. He put his hands on my cheeks and kissed me. I put my arms on his middle and kissed him back.  

--

I through the corridors but stopped when i saw an open door. I walked inside and my jaw dropped. A bedroom for little girls. 

I called out "Stefan!"

I heard him coming into the room "yeah?"

He hugged me from behind.

I gestured at the room "what exactly is this?"

Stefan put his head on my shoulder "I thought your nieces might want to stay over sometimes, you know, because they are family and all"

I giggled and turned around "i love you"

Stefan "and you look beautiful"

I sighed and put a hand on his chest "Stef, i need to tell you something"

Stefan nodded "you can tell me anything"

I took a deep breath "I-I"

The door bell cut me off. 

I sighed "you go get ready while i open the door"

He nodded, gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked out. I sighed and walked downstairs. 

Downstairs. 

I opened the door and smiled happily.

Me "Hi, chipmunks!"

I bend down to hug them. 

Lizzie and Josie " Merry Christmas, auntie!"

I giggled"Oh! Merry Christmas!"

I pulled them inside and Ric and Caroline closed the door behind them.

I looked at the girls" Let me help take your jackets off."

I took Lizzie's jacket off while Caroline helped Josie out of her jacket. 

Ric " I'm afraid we're not gonna be able to stay very long."

I looked at him shocked "What? Why? So, this is my last day with them for awhile?"

He gave me a look and i sighed pissed off. 

Josie suddenly asked " Is Seline coming to dinner?"

My jaw dropped. 

Caroline crossed her arms shocked "No, honey."

Suddenly Stefan showed up and kneeled down in front of them " Hey! I thought I heard you two. I have your Christmas present upstairs."

The girls yelled hugging him" Yaaay!"

I turned to Caroline and Ric" They're asking for Seline?"

Ric nodded not happy at all " I know."

Me "She kidnapped them."

Ric " I guess they didn't register the danger. No, they just keep asking for her ever since I got them back."

Me"Well, they shouldn't be thinking that she's safe. I mean, who knows when she's just gonna show up."

Caroline nodded "I'll talk to them."

Ric shook his head " No, I'll talk to them... once we leave."

Me"But we're supposed to have Christmas together first. "

Caroline nodded "she's right. Did something else happen?"

Ric looked at me and i sighed looking at Caroline  " Look, I think you'll need to sit down for this."

Suddenly the front door opened. 

Damon and Sybil walked inside. 

Damon cheered with a bottle wine in his hand "Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas, Ric."

I sighed annoyed "I killed you. How the hell are you alive?"

Caroline looked at me shocked "you what?!"

Ric "He deserved it."

Caroline looked at him shocked "you knew about that?"

Damon "Yeah, she, him and Matt took a whack at me. They even buried me. I can't tell you how hard it was to get all of that dirt out. I know. I know. Christmas just got merry."

He smirked at me and i was soo close to lose my shit.