Chapter 28: A french girl in London

A/N: I listened to 6 Marketing lectures today and now I want to write so uni can go fuck itself.

Songs for this chapter…

Hallelujah- Wayne Rooney (I don’t even know why, my friend linked it to me as a joke when I told her I finished listening to lectures and then I just kept listening to it hahaha)

Risk it all- The Vamps (I’m a new fan, loving them!) 

Buzzcut Season- Lorde

LOLA’S POV

I walked up the path to Harry’s house after letting myself through the security gate with the code, my sole purpose of being here to return the jumper he’d left at my house the other day.

My eyes widened as I watched the front door open, thinking he’d seen me pull up and was coming to greet me. But instead, my eyes focused on the wind-blown blonde hair that shaped the cheek-bone prominent face of his previous visitor.

Their long legs were only made to look more slender by the tight black jeans that clung to them, and all I could see was the back of a pale pink coat as the door was closed behind the figure. My heart sank as she turned around, taking in the al too family face of the Parisian pest.

Fleur. Fleur. Fleur.

 I shook my head, hoping to clear the image but it wouldn’t go away, her slender figure and long legs approached me, she was giggling to herself and had a huge smile across her face. What the fuck is she doing here?

Anger raged through me in an instant, the green monster taking up residence on my back as she came closer towards me and her stupid French giggle grew louder, irritating my ears and only expanding the anger that coursed through me.

“Oh! Salut Lol-ah! I deeedn’t even see you!” She smiles, stopping in front of me.

Why is she smiling at me?

“Bonjour.” I say ironically, an unimpressed look apparent on my features.

“Very good.” She praises. I know how to say hello in French you twat, it’s not some great feat.

“Merci. Errr…”

“How are you Lola? I haven’t seen you in so long!” She pulls me into a hug but my arms stay by my side, what the fuck?! I broke up your engagement…why are you hugging me you dipstick? You’re supposed to hate me, idiot can’t do anything right except look pretty for the camera and walk down catwalks. Yes, wearing clothes and walking is such a difficult job. Stop judging her Lola, we can’t all be lawyers…oh wait, you’re not even a lawyer anymore. By choice you stupid subconscious bitch.

“I’m good, how are you?”

“I’m fabulous, just in London for the weekend for a photo shoot.”

 “Oh how fun.” I humour her, flashing my fakest smile. Err mon Dieu!

“I better get going, I’m sure I’ll be seeing you really soon!” She says with a keen grin. Why the fuck will I be seeing you soon? I would be happy if I never saw you again.

She squeezes my shoulder as she walks past, my eyes narrowing in her bony fingers, reminding me of the day I saw that huge rock resting on her ring finger. My blood is boiling as I storm up to Harry’s front door, tempted to just dump the jumper and leave but I have to know why she was here. I slam my fist against his front door repeatedly, my anger and jealousy consuming me till my eyes are blinded by my white hot rage. I push past him without saying hello when he opens the door.

“Hello?” He questions, chuckling.

“What the FUCK was she doing here Harry?!” I yell.

“Lola, breathe. Who?” He asks, his face clearly alarmed.