Chapter 56: Did she tell you the same thing?

A/N: Hey guys, bear with me for this chapter- trying something different because it’s the only way this chapter will work, so it’s going to swap between Lola’s POV and 3rd Person POV, but I’ll let you know when obviously. I’ve edited this three times and I got goosebumps writing it, so just a warning.

LOLA POV

“Come come come come come.” Ashley’s shrill voice was the only thing I’d heard for the past three hours, that and the sound of the nervous dressers whimpering when she scolded them for doing something wrong. I’d had more safety pins prick into my skin this morning than anyone should on a leisurely Friday morning. I suppose these are the most prominent issues in the fashion world. She hadn’t made the clothes to fit me because I was just a stand in, so everything had to be altered and adjusted. Ashley was not happy, she was not the kind of person who thrived under pressure. And not someone you wanted to get on the bad side of evidently.

She was leading me through to yet another cramped space, this time pushing me down into a chair in front of a mirror. “Sit. Sam will do your hair.” She orders, before disappearing to yell at some one else. I had gained new respect for all those models Harry had dated over the years, it wasn’t easy being poked and prodded, ordered and bossed when all you really wanted to do was sit down and have a cup of coffee and a cigarette. Matt is a bad influence on me, I never liked smoking before but this morning I had an odd craving for it. I had a feeling I would need one.

“Hey Lola, how are you?” Sam, the bright eyed, pink-haired sister of Lou- Harry’s friend, now stood behind me in the mirror, her fingers running through my hair.

Gem had told me the girls from Bleach London were in charge of hair for the show, because they were all friends of Ashley. Creative people tend to stick together evidently. We’d met occasionally through Gemma because they lived together for a while, but I was rarely at Gem’s apartment so we’d never spoken for more than five minutes.

“I’m exhausted and I haven’t even done anything yet!” I whine, looking in the mirror and watching as my hair is teased and sprayed. My make up had already been done and I felt like a doll, but prettier nonetheless. Ashley had very distinct ideas on the look of her show; teased hair, glittery eyes, and not just a touch of glittery eye shadow- the full expanse of the skin surrounding my eye was covered in gold, my lips were bright red and my cheekbones were as visible as ever with the amount of contouring the make up artist had done. The outfit I had to wear was a two piece set- a crop and matching high waisted pants, bright pink with white cupcake patterning, strange and not something I would pull off in an every day setting but cute non-the-less and apparently on trend.

“There’s my girl!” Gemma is all smiles when she appears in the reflection of the mirror, she actually pulled off her outfit which was a metallic silver skin tight dress and thigh high black boots. They did not look comfortable- the things we do for fashion. “Nervous?” She questions, sliding into the chair beside me and I looked at her out of the corner of my eye, my head being held in place by Sam who was attempting to put all of the teased mess into one pony tail.

“You’re all done.” Sam says, tapping my shoulder, signaling I was allowed to stand.

“Come, let’s see who’s here.” Gemma grips my wrist, pulling me out of the small room and pushing aside a curtain so we could peak through to have a look. Sitting front row was Ashton, Niall, Louis, Harry and Matt, in that order. Each one looking more bored than the last, the only ones interacting were Ashton, Niall and Louis.

“Ahh how exciting. It’s like we’re famous supermodels!” Gemma giggles, jumping up and down excitedly.

“You’re not nervous? There are a lot of people out there.” My eyes stray from the boys, just the sight of them all together gives me heart palpitations. Nothing good can come of this.