25

Dean

If he thinks that he can put his filthy hands and lips on her, he has another thing coming. The only thing that's stopping me is the deal that he has with my dad.

I hate school. I want college courses to be over with. I would've been done if I didn't drop out after Mom died, now I'm doing this for her.

I think back to my assignment and how much I don't want to do it. This essay. I'm going to find me a nerd.

I bumped into a short, skinny kid with glasses. He looked up at me irritably. Just what I ordered.
"Hey, nerd." I grinned. "Do this essay for me."

He frowned at me and pushed his glasses up. "No. Do it yourself." Then he turned to walk away.

I took my gun out of my waistband and put it to the back of his head. "What did you just say to me?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Um...umm..." He stammered.

"Leave him alone." That familiar, sweet voice said. "And put that away, it's unnecessary."

She was wearing blue jeans, a white, grey, blue striped sweater, blue converses with a blue headband to match. And those sunglasses.

I frowned at her and she smiled sweetly at me and steered the kid away from me

I frowned at her and she smiled sweetly at me and steered the kid away from me. "Just go. He won't do anything." She told him as he sprinted away.

"Milan." I growled. She shrugged and walked away towards the library, ignoring me.

I was torn between chasing the nerd or her....Her. Definitely her.
I found her sitting alone at a table with her ear buds in, with two books open in front of her and a pencil and notebook in hand.

I sat across from her with a smile on my face. I'll stare. I'll wait.

It didn't take her long to look up at me. She took off her sunglasses with a huff that immediately followed. "What do you want and why are you following me?"

"This time, our meeting was completely coincidental." I rested an elbow on the table.

"That's a first." She muttered. "Then why are you here? In college. In a library? At a place of learning altogether?"