39

Dean

Once we arrived there, everything was empty. Cleared out. They abandoned the place. He took her... I need her...I punched a hole in the wall.

"I thought you said that she was here?" Miguel looked at me.

"She was. Obviously, they left and took her with them." I walked towards the office.

Maybe the cameras will tell me what I need to know...Did they hurt my Queen?

They brought her in while she was unconscious, Damon barked at them to not touch her. Good. They took her to the basement and left her. 45 minutes later Elliot comes in and dumps water on her...Then he...

My breathing sped up and I started to shake. He hurt her...he touched her...he ra- "I'm going to do more than just murder him." I said lowly.

"What did he-" Then I stepped aside and showed him the footage. His breath hitched and he started to breathe heavily. "Where is he?" He asked in a low growl.

I sped forward to where Damon walked in and had him dragged out. She looked so broken, he placed a blanket over her and looked genuinely remorseful. Then that's when the audio cut out. Dammit... As his back turned away from the camera, Milan looked at it and spit something out of her mouth. It was small flashed red every millisecond.
I smiled. That's my girl...

"What's that?" Mikey asked.

"Her GPS she took out of something." I said.

"Boys, look around this place and bring us Elliot." Miguel said.

"Yes, sir." One of the men nodded.

Why does Damon need her so badly?

"What's his motive? Why is Milan so special to him? I know why he's special to us." I looked at Miguel.

His eyes widened a little and he shook his head. "Guess she hasn't told you yet." He said quietly.

"Tell me what?" I looked at him.

He closed his eyes as if he was contemplating on telling me or not. "Milan...she's more than special... On my side of the family, we are blessed with this gift...the gift of time..."

My eyes narrowed. "Get to the point old man." I said blandly.

He rolled his eyes. "Milan has the ability to manipulate time. She can stop it, reverse it, speed it up, and see into it."

"What are you goin' to say next? She's actually British and she travels in a telephone box?" I laughed humorlessly.

"Dean. I'm being serious. Ever wondered how she disappeared in a blink of an eye. Or how sneakily quiet she was?" He asked.

"She's not the Silent Ace for nothin'." Mikey said.

That's when it all makes sense....

"Sir, we have him."

"Dean and Miguel. Pleasant surprise." He smiled.

I reeled my fist back, but Mikey beat me to it his punch let out a deafening crack. "She was your best friend!" He yelled.

He spit out blood and smirked back at him. "Which made it more fun."

I growled. "You sick bastard." Then I started to punch him relentlessly. Not even giving him a chance to speak. Miguel threw in a kick here and there and Mikey helped. "You two grew up together! She trusted you! And you ra-" I couldn't bring myself to say it, I felt bile rise in my throat and I felt sick.

And he had a nerve to smirk. "Just expect my child in nine months." He spat at me feet.

I lost it.

"Dean, don't kill him. I have to call his brother, I have an alliance with his family." Miguel took out his phone and I stopped he gave me a look of reproach. "I said don't kill him, not don't punch him."

Milan

I sat across from him, curled in my seat, tucked myself into a hoodie that Damon lent me, staring out the window, looking at the clouds, loving the way they looked so soft to the touch.

I wonder if he saw it... I can't wait until I can see his reaction when he sees his mom again... He'll hate then love me...

"Do you want water or anything to eat?" He asked. I shook my head no. It was extremely painful to move my mouth, he had his people check it. They say that it's not broken just sore.

"I...I am truly grateful for this, Milan. Why did you not do it?" He asked.

I played with the hoodie string. "Killing someone's mother is wrong. I...I couldn't do that to Dean. I can't even imagine him doing that to me." I said quietly then returned my gaze to the window.

He stayed silent. I pressed my forehead on the cool window and closed my eyes. "I know you feel bad. I forgive you." I said quietly.

I heard him shift in his seat. "Why do you forgive so much?"

I opened my eyes and looked at the expanse of the sky, the clouds looked as if they were on fire. The sun is setting...

"Because...life is too short to go around hating people. You go around hating people all the time, you give them a reason to kill you, but if you show kindness, it at least gives you a chance to live." I said with a small smile. He chuckled. "My mom used to say that."

Then there was another lull of silence. This time it wasn't uncomfortable, it was just silence.

"Are you sure that she's going to be up north?" He asked.

I nodded. "Unless she decided to leave from hiding, she should be there." They both should....