•4•

"Are you lost?"

"Are you lost?"

Eden spun around so quickly she nearly fell face first to the golden marbled ground beneath her.

Alpha Ílios himself stood before her, cockily resting one shoulder against the wall.

He wore a sleek dark tuxedo and his golden hair had been neatly combed and styled.

He cleaned up nice she would give him that.

"Hi I'm Eden you hired me a-"

"I am well aware who you are." 

Eden's mouth gaped.

"Um Beatrice told me to come find you for something."

Eden mentally facepalmed she sounded like an absolute idiot.

A sudden flash of dread was over her as she considered if perhaps Beatrice had sabotaged her. Perhaps she was trying to make her loose her job.

"Right, you are my escort for the night," he confirmed, his sea glass colored eyes dancing with mirth.

Eden swallowed and nodded quickly.

Alpha Ílios approached her and outstretched his arm.

Eden hesitantly linked her arm through his as they began to walk to where she assumed the banquet hall was.

"May I ask why you have one of your staff members accompany you to your parties and banquets?"

Alpha Ílios rose a brow at her.

"Please don't tell me it's because you're unable to find a fawning she-wolf to agree to be your date," she blurted out.

Her cheeks flushed crimson. Her voice was laced with clear Sarcasm and blatantly rude. She didn't know why but she was entirely unnerved and couldn't seem to control herself.

Alpha Ílios flashed a dimpled smile her way.

"I am able to find a date, do not fret," he chided.

Alpha Ílios's long legs made for long quick strides and Eden struggled to keep up in her impossible shoes. She clung onto his arm for dear life and prayed she would fall and make even more of a fool of herself.

They rounded a corner and began climbing stairs.

Confusion swam around her as she recalled the banquet hall being located on the main floor.

"Why are we going upstairs?" She asked, her dress getting caught on her shoes, causing her to stumble back.

Malcolm gently pressed a hand to the small of her back to halt her from falling down the stairs and urged her forward.

"It is customary for the host to enter by descending down the staircase."

Eden's eyes widened. She remembered the massive and extravagant staircase that had been located in the center of the main hall.