•9•

"Kiss me

"Kiss me."

The words hit her like a slap to the face.

"I'm sorry what?"

Malcolm's brows remained furrowed. His hardened expression unchanging as he stared at her.

"Unless of course, you would be against such a thing," he said softly.

The corners of his lips tugged upward ever so slightly.

Suddenly it dawned upon her.

"Are you actually mad about the suit or was this your idea to-"

Her words were cut off as he lowered his head. His lips hovering mere centimeters from hers.

"Eden," he breathed.

Her name sounded like a prayer coming from his lips.

"I have no greater desire than to kiss you at this moment."

His golden lashes fluttered as he looked at her.

Eden reached upward and placed a hand on his face.

She gently brushed away a droplet of water from his lower lip with the pad of her thumb.

Malcolm closed his eyes.

Eden swallowed.

"Then do it," she whispered.

The steam rising from the pool made the air thick and heavy. Eden felt like the water's temperature rising.

Malcolm opened his eyes. He stared fervently into hers. As if to make sure she realized what she had just said.

She bit her lip and stared at him.

Malcolm drew his hands in and placed them on Eden's hips underwater. She shivered as he brought his hands upward.

Up past her hips and her rib cage until he cupped her face in his hands and drew her in.

His lips were soft. So incredibly soft.

She closed her eyes and laced both her fingers into his magnificent hair.

Then the air shifted.

He moved his mouth against hers in a way that felt like controlled desperation.

He brought his hand up under her back side and Eden lifted her legs up in the water. Wrapping her legs around his waist and arching her back into him.

Malcolm's finger tips dragged up and down her body. Touching her in ways that made her feel like she would concave and dissolve into a pile of star dust.

Touching her like he was afraid she would disappear.

While Eden was almost as bare as she could be, Malcolm was still fully clothed.